Itslearning: Tips for Students and Families
What is itslearning?
- Learning management system for online learning
- All students have accounts
- All eLearning lessons will be posted on itslearning
- Use the icon on the student’s BCSC laptop (high school students only)
- Use the bookmarks bar across Google chrome (middle school)
- Go to the BCSC website (http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us/), select “Students” tab, click itslearning, sign in screen appears
- Go to the BCSC-specific itslearning URL link:
Signing into itslearning
- Most usernames are the student’s graduation year + last name + first letter of first name (some exceptions)
- Elem/Middle username: same as Google/chromebook username before the @students.bcsc.k12.in.us
- High school username: same as laptop login username
- Elem. School Password: ID Number
- Middle/High School Password: Created by student
- Click the “courses” tab to navigate to a course. Not all courses may be visible in the short list dropdown menu. To view all courses, click “all courses”. A new screen will appear with the full listing of all courses the student is enrolled in. eLearning work will typically be in the AM Homeroom course for elementary students.
- To see assignments, resources, and activities in a course, click the “resources” tab. Teachers vary in how they organize their courses-but all materials can be accessed through the “resources” tab at any point in time.
- To message a teacher, use the “messenger” tool within itslearning. Click “new” to begin a new message and type your teacher’s name into the “to” textbox. To continue an existing conversation, select the conversation from the messenger inbox.