Reminders for you and your camper before camp
- Important: please check your child for head lice prior to camp. Head lice are easily transmitted and their presence can go unnoticed; a visual inspection is required. If you are unsure how to check for lice, your child's doctor or school nurse can help. If you treat your child for head lice, inform the camp nurse in order to ensure follow up. You can also learn more about doing a lice check at home at: https://www.webmd.com/children/ss/slideshow-lice-overview.
- Educate your child about doing daily tick checks. According to the CDC, ticks most commonly hide in and around hair and ears, in armpits or belly button, around the waist, behind knees, and in genital area.
- Reinforce habits of good hygiene and health with your child.
- Discuss the importance of hand-washing, proper diet, staying hydrated and using bug repellent and sunscreen.
- Discuss dressing appropriately for the weather, and changing out of wet or dirty clothes.
- Remind your child that regular showering is an essential part of community living.
- Please be sure to read the Health Forms and Information section of our website for more important health information.