BROWN HACK HEALTH: HACKATHON DETAILS 2018
Friday - Engineering Research Center, 345 Brook St. Providence, RI
Saturday and Sunday - Friedman (formerly Wilson) Hall, Main Green
Hackathon Dates: 9/14/18 - 9/16/18
A note on check-in
- Check-in begins on Friday, September 14th at 5:30pm in the Engineering Research Center.
- Friday night is an optional kickoff. Check-in continues Saturday, September 15th at 8:00am in Friedman Hall
- Festivities Friday begin promptly at 6:30pm. Please arrive no later than 6:00pm to check in to our networking night before our introduction and keynote, delivered by Dr. Geoff Capraro, Co-Founder of NaloxBox. Dessert reception to follow.
Saturday: Intro + Hacking
- Problem pitching - participants have an opportunity to pitch ideas for which they’d like to hack solutions. Pre-formed ideas are not expected or required.
- Team formation - Participants will form teams based on ideas they are interested in tackling. Diverse teams are encouraged; different perspectives provide essential insights.
- Hacking- Teams will begin brainstorming and prototyping solutions.
*Prototyping materials will be provided, but feel free to bring your own as well.
Sunday: Hacking + Judging
- Hacking continues until lunchtime
- Team presentations and awarding of prizes will occur in the afternoon
Food + Housing
A limited amount of housing is available for undergraduate students visiting from other institutions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “BHH Housing Needed” to inquire about housing.
Light appetizers and dessert will be provided Friday night. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided Saturday. Breakfast and lunch will be provided Sunday. Snacks will be available Saturday and Sunday.
Email email@example.com with any questions!