Company URL: (www.): www.LaToque.com
Job Title:: Sommelier/Server
Contract Type:: Full time
Job Location (Country):: United States
Cuisine type:: French
Description:: Michelin-Starred, WS Grand Award-winning, La Toque restaurant is looking for quality individuals to join our team.
We are seeking part-time to full-time Sommelier/Server. Experience is vital for this position- a minimum of 2 years as a Sommelier in a similar setting is required. Service experience, plus extensive wine and food knowledge are also required.
You should have a professional appearance, be computer savvy, and have exceptional written and spoken communications skills. Nights, weekends and holidays are required for this position. Please do not apply if you cannot work them.
Candidate should be comfortable with movements in the dining room according to fine-dining standards and be able to efficiently complete tasks in a busy environment. Candidate should be very meticulous, efficient, and open to learning and suggestions. Please be prompt, reliable, and always carry a gracious and hospitable attitude. You will be working in a small team, and so you should enjoy teamwork.
Our company culture requires a willingness to learn, to teach, and help. We are looking for a happy, stable, and enthusiastic individual who will stay with us for the long term. Our pay, benefits and working conditions are top in the industry. Advancement possibilities and full insurance benefits package are available for full-time staff, as well as Starwood/Marriott travel and dining discounts.
Send us a brief cover letter and resume, and should your qualifications meet ours, we will contact you. Please, no phone calls about this position. We look forward to meeting you. (Send to Megan@LaToque.com)
Sommelier/Server, La Toque - LT Napa Partners, LLC
Location: USA –Napa, CA
Category: Restaurant, Front of House
The ideal Sommelier/Server candidate will have a passion for delivering excellent service and enjoy working in a detail-oriented environment. They will provide friendly yet discreet and unobtrusive service. The candidate will work a couple of shifts per week as a floor Sommelier and the remainder as a Server. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Working with a WS Grand Award-Winning wine list (one of only 91 in the world).
• Strong emphasis on wine & food pairings.
• Work the floor nightly and provide wine and beverage service along with any other service needs that arise.
• Maintain and stock wine coolers & cellar.
• Maintain meticulous table-side wine service while under pressure.
• Maintain pars for BTG and pairing selections.
• Participate in staff wine tastings and educational opportunities.
• Collaborate with wine and culinary teams on wine pairing selections.
• Receive, stock, and inventory wine.
• Deliver professional and personalized service to both internal and external guests.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and professional demeanor. Position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
• Make each and every guest feel welcomed and “at home”.
• Courteous and professional presence is a must.
• Energetic, accountable and team-oriented.
• Reliable, dependable and responsible.
• Knowledge of Wine Country points of interest is a plus.
• Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to think ahead.
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remain calm and courteous.
• Ability to provide clear and pleasant communication.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, detail oriented environment.
• Maintains cleanliness of work areas and wine cellar throughout the day.
• Assists service staff by running food, refilling beverages and clearing tables in the dining room when needed.
• Communicate with Manager any issues and assist as needed.
• Complete any additional tasks as assigned by Management.
• Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and trainings.
• Participate in teamwork and foster a harmonious working climate.
• Provide feedback on guest comments or complaints to the Management.
• Report employee and guest accidents to Management.
• Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage offerings including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service, and be able to explain all food and beverage items listed on the menu.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may require you to perform a combination of other supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the restaurant.
• Extensive wine and spirits knowledge is a must.
• Minimum Certified Level certification through the CMS, WSET or ASA programs.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Sommelier in a similar setting.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to work a flexible shift; nights, weekends, and holidays are a must. This position may require overtime and altered scheduling according to occupancy.
• Must possess safe work habits with an awareness of safe work procedures.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
• Hourly Position (rate dependent on experience) Plus Service Charges.
• Full benefits package (medical, dental & vision) available for full-time employees.
• Paid vacation available for full-time employees.
• Starwood/Marriott travel and dining discounts.
Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day. This position will require bending, crouching, and kneeling. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with La Toque rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the restaurant facilities. Employees who violate restaurant rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per La Toque standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform.
Sommeliers in the operation team:: 3 Sommeliers
Work permit:: - Need work visa
Accommodation:: - Not provided
Languages required:: English
Wine list:: - more than 1000 bins
Restaurant award:: - 1 Michelin star
Your First Name:: Megan
Your Last Name:: Menicucci
- Sommelier jobs & more www.sommeliers.at