Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) – The fee for this clearance is $8.00
1. Go to the following website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/Home
2. If registering for the first time choose “Create Individual Account”.
3. Read the directions on the next page, and then click “Next”.
4. Fill in all the information requested (remember the Keystone ID is a username created by the user) including security questions and the security riddle (if the security riddle is unclear go back to the initial website and you should get a new question). Click Finish after completing all fields.
5. You will be provided with a temporary password at the email address provided.
6. When you receive the email go back to the initial webpage and chose Login and if entering for the first time you will be prompted to change your password.
7. There will be a series of pages to fill in but remember to select School Employee for the purpose of the clearance.
8. When asked about the Certificate Delivery Method remember to answer Yes you would like to have a paper copy sent to your home or mailing address.
9. You must pay for the clearance online ($8) using ether a debit or credit card and then sign electronically.
10. The website states that you will be provided with updates regarding the status of your clearance and will be notified when it is ready to be printed.
Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Act 34) – The fee for this clearance is $22.00
1. Go to the following website: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
2. Click on “Submit a New Record Check”
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Accept”
4. Choose “Individual Request”
5. Click “Continue”
6. Reason for Request is “Employment”
7. Fill out all required fields and click “Next”
8. Confirm your information is correct and click “Proceed”
9. Fill out required fields and click “Enter This Request”
10. At the bottom of the page, click “Finished”
11. Click “Submit”
12. Enter your payment information
13. Click on the hyperlink for the control number
14. Very Important: Write down the Control Number and the date it was processed.
15. Click on Certification Form.
16. Print the certification form. If you have issues with printing, you will need the CONTROL NUMBER and the DATE you processed the clearance in order to access it on another computer to print.
Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) (Act 114) – The fee for this clearance is $22.60 and must be paid by credit card or money order/cashier check payable to MorphoTrust. This clearance requires you to have your fingerprints taken. You must register prior to going to the fingerprinting site. Registration can be done online following the directions below, or be done over the phone by calling 1-844-321-2101 Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm EST.
1. Go to the following website: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
2. Enter the following service code: 1KG6XN and click “Go”
3. Click on “Locate an Enrollment Center” to find the fingerprinting site nearest to you. Click “Done”
4. Click on “Schedule or Manage Appointment”. Fill out all required fields on each page, and schedule your appointment.
5. After your fingerprinting appointment is complete, you will receive a receipt similar to this:
IMPORTANT: Bring this receipt to the Valley Grove School District Administration Building. The office staff will use your UE ID from the receipt to obtain and print your background check results.