Hammonton Green Committee Minutes June 3, 2019
Monthly Meeting - Hammonton Town Hall
Green Committee Members:
X Jeanette DePiero X Mica McCullough X Amy Menzel X Linda Esposito
__ Kerri Patton __Sara Verrillo X Jen Rajkowski __ Steve Doran
Friends of the Green Committee & Guests: Kathia Ramirez, Ellie Gibson, Eric Schmehl
- Events and Projects:
Community Garden Update
- Scheduling Garden Talks & Children’s Workshops
- June 11 Whole Plant Cooking
- June 22 Nurturing Nature
- June 30 Flower Power
- July 11 Nutritionist
- August & September AC Master Gardeners (topics & dates TBD)
- Eric will arrange a field trip to local hop farm, Timberline Farms
- Atlantic County Master Gardeners requested 3 plots. Mica assigned.
- Suggested that future Garden meetings occur during workdays. Please bring any complaints/ requests/ news/ updates during that time. Mica will update GC website.
- Linda’s lime application to kill crabgrass has proven successful on small scale. She will continue applying in other areas to test.
- Mica will add children’s workshops to website, create FB events & small Gazette ad.
- Thank you, volunteers!
- Rain Garden Installation at HHS (no mulch needed); Press of AC photos on HGC Facebook post. Mica will find out who will maintain.
- Red Cross canvassing-- made 16 homes safer, installed 27 alarms.
- Pollinator garden-- no updates at this time
- Compost bin pre-order-- no updates at this time
- Application submitted!
- Review timeline; feedback should be mid-July
- Suggestion to do annual updates rather than bigger lift every 3 years.
Green Business Program
- 4 pending applications; Mica will reach out to arrange site visits.
- Mica will add program info & link to Green Day vendor application.
- Meeting 6:00 pm @ Casciano, June 12th
- Planning large-scale art project. Charlie Branigan will present a sketch & anticipated costs at June meeting.
Green Day 9/21
(rain date 9/22)
- Lake Park has been reserved; Recycling Central will still be at Fairgrounds
- Vendor form updated- please share with local businesses & orgs!
- 17 vendors so far
- Sponsor form updated-- please share!
- Jen- Recycled toy art & toy collection, invite Funny Farm, Pastore’s
- Linda will reach out to Donio’s
- June 11th Garden Talk: Whole Plant Cooking 6:30 pm
- June 15th Adopt-A-Road Cleanup 9:00 am
- June 22nd Historical Society House & Garden Tour
- June 22nd Nurturing Nature Children’s Garden Workshop 10:00 am
- June 23rd Garden Workday 9:00 am
- June 30th Flower Power Children’s Garden Workshop 11:00 am
- July 11th Garden Talk: Nutritious Choices 6:30 pm
- July 13th & 28th Garden Workdays 9:00 am
Roles & Responsibilities
- Anyone interested in taking on a role in Communications/ social media/ meeting minutes/ event planning/ new member recruitment, please email Mica.
2. Open Floor
- Jen will research opportunities for GC to engage passively w/ Fringe Festival attendees (e.g. recycling, poster/banner, etc.).
3. Next Garden/GC Meeting: July 1st, 7:00 pm at Town Hall 3rd floor conference room.
**Note that July Garden ‘meetings’ will take place during July 13th and 28th workdays**