IT Works LLC Acceptable use Policy
This acceptable use policy applies to all users utilizing IT WORKS Internet services. A “user” is anyone who makes use of the IT WORKS Internet connectivity. IT WORKS is the final authority over user activity. This policy is a summarization of what IT WORKS deems acceptable and unacceptable uses of its services. IT WORKS LLC reserves the right to restrict or terminate service at any time and for any reason.
Violation of these Policies may result in termination.
- INTERNET USAGE may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S., state, or local regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to - copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene. You may not use the Service for any unlawful or abusive purpose, in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair.
- INTERNET SECURITY - is the sole responsibility of each subscriber to protect their computer(s), data and network accessibility (such as file sharing). It is solely your responsibility for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your network security.
- CHILD PORNOGRAPHY- Services shall not be used to publish, submit/receive, upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise produce, transmit, distribute or store child pornography. Suspected violations of this prohibition may be reported to IT WORKS LLC at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. IT WORKS LLC will report any discovered violation of this prohibition to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and take steps to remove child pornography (or otherwise block access to the content determined to contain child pornography) from its servers.
- VIOLATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS - Service shall not be used to send/receive, upload/download, post, copy or otherwise reproduce, or store any content/material or to engage in any activity that violates intellectual property rights.
- THREATENING MATERIAL OR CONTENT- Service shall not be used to send/receive, upload/download, post, create content of any kind that harasses, or threatens the health or safety of others.
- INAPPROPRIATE INTERACTION WITH MINORS - IT WORKS LLC complies with all applicable laws pertaining to the protection of minors. IT WORKS LLC will report cases of child exploitation to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. For more information about online safety, visit www.ncmec.org.
- INTERNET CONNECTIVITY is only provided to the subscriber's location. Resale or use of the connection by another user or organization is prohibited.
- RESPONSIBILITY - IT Works LLC is responsible for providing internet to the customer location. Connectivity issues related to router, computer, or other peripheral devices using the Internet are not the responsibility of IT Works LLC. The subscriber is solely responsible for the care and maintenance of such. Radio equipment remains the property of IT Works.
- ILLEGAL ACTIVITY - Illegal activity of any kind is not permitted. This includes violation of all applicable domestic laws, and all laws governing any service or site you access on the Internet
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR CONTENT - In no event shall IT WORKS LLC or any affiliation be held liable or responsible for any content on the Internet. In our belief, it is not our area to act as a judge or censor. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE SERVICE.