Bonne Terre Memorial Public Library Meeting Room Policies and Regulations
The meeting room of the Bonne Terre Memorial Library will promote its programs of service to the community. Civic, cultural, and educational organizations may have ready access to the library meeting room at no charge. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the public library does not constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs.
The Director of the library or a designee authorizes use of the meeting rooms and maintains the schedule. In case a question is raised as to the objectives and actives of any organization or group requesting use of the community room, the Director/Library Advisory Board (City Council) has the final authority in granting or refusing permission for the use of the meeting rooms.
The following regulations apply to the use of the community room and any departure there from may be made only be written authorization of the Director of the library.
1. Library programs, library related programs and city programs have
priority in the use of the meeting room.
2. The meeting room is available for use by organizations of civic, cultural, or educational character, but not for social gatherings, money-raising events or commercial purposes.
3. Children's or teenage groups may use the meeting room provided that an adult supervises them. The adult supervision will be responsible for any damage.
4. Meetings, which may disturb regular library functions, shall not be scheduled.
1. A completed written application is required before a meeting may be scheduled.
2. Application for permission to use the meeting room shall be made at least 48 hours in advance and not longer than 2 months prior to the scheduled meeting.
3. The meeting room may be scheduled for meeting beyond regular closing hours when permission from the Director of the library is received 48 hours in advance. Permission will be noted on booking calendar. Library personnel shall remain if library is open after hours. Group agrees to reimburse library staff at hourly rate of $10.00 per hour.
4. Recurring reservations will be accepted for no more than six months at a time. The library reserves the right to refuse recurring reservations should they interfere with library programs.
5. Generally, no group or organization may use the meeting rooms more than once a month. The library director may grant exceptions for workshops or educational classes and for other reasons.
III. SERVING REFRESHMENTS AND HOUSEKEEPING
1. Organizations may serve light refreshments such as coffee and cookies. No cooking is permitted. Refreshments shall be contained to the meeting room at all times.
2. Alcoholic beverages and smoking are not permitted under any circumstances.
3. Organizations are required to leave the meeting room clean and orderly per the following instructions: Clean tables, stack chairs, clean floor, put trash in receptacles – no garbage or coffee grounds may be left in the trash receptacles.
IV. RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENTS AND FACILITY
1. No signs, displays or exhibits may be attached to the walls in any manner.
2. Organizations shall accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of damaged or missing equipment of the building interior.
3. No materials, equipment or furniture belonging to groups or organizations may be stored on the library premises. The library will not assume responsibility for any items left on the premises nor shall the library store supplies.
4. Any telephone calls other than local calls will be the responsibility of the organization.
V. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. Neither the name nor address of the Bonne Terre Memorial Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization.
2. All meetings at the library are to be free and open to the general public. Admission fees or collections are prohibited. The only exceptions are in the case of paid registration that is necessary to cover expenses for format workshops or institutes or a fee to cover actual cost of a library sponsored program. Exceptions must be approved one month in advance of a scheduled meeting.
3. The Director of the library or designee is authorized to terminate the meeting of any group that becomes disorderly or objectionable and to deny subsequent use of the community room to groups that violate policies and regulations - such as unreasonable noise levels.
4. No additional furniture or equipment other than that furnished by the library is to be used without the library approval, excluding projectors and screens.
BONNE TERRE MEMORIAL LIBRARY MEETING ROOM APPLICATION FORM
Today's Date: _________________________
I, ________________________ am applying for the use of the meeting room. I have noted the provisions for the use of the meeting room and agree to comply with them.
Date of Meeting: _________________ Time: _________________ Length: _______________
Probable Attendance: __________________________________________________________
Nature of Meeting: ____________________________________________________________
Will light refreshments be served? ________________________________________________
What library equipment will be needed? ___________________________________________
Signature of Applicant: _________________________________________________________
Name of person in charge of meeting if other than applicant: __________________________
Purpose and function of the organization (please be specific):__________________________
Application approved by: _______________________________________________________