The TeenBookCon mission is to celebrate and promote reading by connecting teens with authors.
The goals of TeenBookCon:
* Connect teen readers to local and national authors and illustrators,
* Educate, enrich, inform, and entertain local teens and other participants,
* Promote literacy skills,
* Encourage interaction between aspiring writers and established authors,
* Celebrate the educational and recreational benefits of teen reading.
TO OUR NON-TEEN FRIENDS AND FANS
- The Greater Houston Teen Book Convention is a day for the teens first and foremost.
- Please know that priority seating at all sessions will be given to teens and if a session becomes full, seated adults will be asked to give up their seats for teens.
- With an extremely tight schedule at the event, there will not be time at TeenBookCon for any author interviews to be conducted.
- Adults are welcome to ask questions at the panel sessions after teens have had an opportunity to ask their questions.
- Teens rarely get such opportunities to interact with authors on such a personal level, unlike adults who are free to travel to festivals and conferences all over and meet the authors of their choice.
- This is an event unlike most others and we want to make sure the focus is always on our teens so that they have an amazing time!
Teen Book Con is organized exclusively for charitable, educational purposes under
section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code