PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DENTAL CARE PROVIDER FOR A COPY OF YOUR PROVIDER’S PRIVACY NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE HIPAA RULES.
Your privacy is extremely important. Below is a list of what information is gathered, how we use the information and the limited circumstances when information may be shared. We recognize your right to confidentiality and are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. We use the information that we collect to provide you with the best experience possible in regard to our Services.
- Information We Collect
- Account Information
In order to use the Services, you may need to create an account. To create an account, you will need to provide certain information, including but not limited to, email address, phone number, and password. You are solely responsible for retaining your account information and protecting your password. You assume all risks associated with the use of your account information, including any reliance on its accuracy or completeness. We make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, or quality of any account information.
- Personal Information
To utilize the Services, we may collect personal information that you share with us, including:
- Your first and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Mailing and street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Medical information and history;
- Medical insurance information;
- Additional information you wish to provide third party dental care providers (“Providers”).
- Collectively, the information described above in this Section 1.2 will be referred to as “Personal Information.”
- Information We Automatically Collect
To improve our Services, we collect aggregate user data related to the use of the Services, including:
- The number of users and sessions;
- The duration of user sessions;
- The operating systems users are using;
- The device models users are using; and
- General location of where users are coming from.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information collected from our Services for the following purposes:
- Sending your Personal Information to your Providers;
- Sending your communications to Providers;
- Processing your requests for an appointment with authorized Providers;
- Setting appointment reminders;
- Contacting you and delivering information (including marketing material) to you that you have requested or that we believe may interest you, such as details of Provider services, and communications relevant to your use of the Provider services;
- Statement of HIPAA Compliance
As a business associate of HIPAA compliant covered entities, we are aware of our obligation to implement effective security and privacy policies that comply with these regulatory standards.
- Storage of Personal Information
We use industry standard encryption and store all the information we collect from you on our secure servers behind firewalls. All Personal Information that qualify as personal health information is stored in compliance with HIPAA rules. “HIPAA rules” means the Privacy, Security, Breach Notification, and Enforcement Rules at 45 CFR Part 160 and Part 164.
- Personal Information from Minors
We do not offer Services to, or target, persons under the age of 18. We will remove any information we receive from people we believe to be under the age of 18 from our Services.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Disclosure to Third Parties
We may provide Providers access to Personal Information in order to provide a service you request and to provide data processing, hosting, storage, emergency recovery services, and similar services. It may be necessary for these authorized third parties to have access to Personal Information you have provided through the Services. If you provide Personal Information directly to any Providers, then their use of your Personal Information is subject to their privacy and security policies.
We will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third parties without your consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law, including the exercise or defense of our legal rights.
- Disclosures in Compliance with HIPAA
All disclosures made under this Agreement will be made in compliance with HIPAA Rules.
- Payment Information
When you pay for Provider services through our platform, your information and credit card or debit card information is processed, stored, and kept secure by Stripe, a third party credit card processing service. Your credit card information will be stored by Stripe in their restricted-access database. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We assume no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from Stripe’s processing, storage, or other use of your information, including credit or debit card information.
- Reviews and Updates to Security Measures
We will take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your information. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of information. In addition, we restrict access to Personal Information to employees, agents, and authorized third parties who need to know certain information to process it on our behalf or provide services to you. These individuals and entities are bound by the HIPAA rules.
- Security Breach
If your information is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will promptly notify you that your information may have been compromised via email, by posting a notice on our website, or as otherwise required by applicable law. We will also notify the Secretary of State as required by HIPAA.
- Changes to Personal Information
You may request corrections, updates, or deletion of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by accessing the settings in your account. We will respond to your request within a reasonable amount of time from when you submit the request. Unless you request otherwise, we will retain your information for the purpose of providing the Services.
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
1880 25th AVE NE #209
Issaquah, WA 98029