Congrats to Jace and Gabe and the TMB/WWG wrestling team for winning the section championship last Saturday. State team wrestling will be on Thursday, Feb 28 at St. Paul. Times: 11:00 and 1:00.
Details on a fan bus and tickets will come out this week.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Monday, March 25.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Friday, March 29, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
Early Dismissal --
Mon., 2/18 - Speech at 1:45
Ben L., Eliz W., Caitlin M., Mariah B., Tim K.
Tues., 2/19 - BB at 2:45.
01. Lunch today: Chili, Crispitos, corn, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Cereal bar, Gold Fish, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, vegies w/dip, fruit, milk
Breakfast Wednesday: Muffin, fruit, cheese stick, juice, milk
Lunch Wednesday: Burger bar, tator tots, fruit, baked beans, milk
Breakfast Thursday: Breakfast burrito, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Thursday: Chicken teriyaki, rice, green beans, fruit, milk
Breakfast Friday: Long John, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Friday:Stuffed crust pizza, broccoli w/cheese, fruit, milk
A la Carte items will now be available for purchase in Stacy’s office.
02. College/Military Reps:
Tues. Feb. 19, -SMSU, 11:30 am
Mon. Feb. 25, Ridgewater, 11:30 am
Wed. Feb. 27, SE TECH., 9:00 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 2/19 - Dynamic Reading, P5
Wed., 2/20 - Class meetings for all, P1
G7 - Mrs. Ross’ room
G8 - Mrs. Kletscher’s room
G9 - Mr. Merrick’s room
G10 - Cafeteria
G11 - Ms. Schoephoerster’s room
G12 - Mr. Theisen’s room
Tues., 2/26 - Dynamic Reading, P6a
04. FFA NEWS:
WWG FFA had a spectacular showing at Marshall ag bowl this past Friday
6th crops and small animal
5th Best informed Greenhand
2nd Meat and Soils
1st Floriculture, Milk quality, and Fish and Wildlife
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb 28, Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1, MN Soybean Processors
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
April 1, American Legion
07. Winter Road
Kat stows away in her mother’s semi truck on a dangerous trek across a frozen lake.
08. Juniors interested in attending GIRL'S or BOY'S STATE in June, please see Mrs. Ourada for more information. (It looks good on your resume)
09. The WWG girls basketball team will play HLO/F in the first round of the section tournament on Thursday, Feb. 21 at Westbrook at 7:00 pm.
The winner will advance to play at Worthington on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 11:00am vs HBC.
10. At some point - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R and Tyjenae S-H. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl - Practice will be EVERY FRIDAY!
KB will have a meet tonight, Monday Feb. 18th in Fulda. Meet in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 3:45 for practice before we leave at 6:15.
12. Mon., 2/25 - 8:20-9:20 AM - Tessera Testing for Grade 7-11
13. Minnesota Honor Society
Selection by 2/18
Appeal requests by 2/20
Appeals notified by 2/27
MHS induction ceremony on Mar. 4 in conjunction with music concert.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
Tracy Jr. High 2/18. Bus leaves WB @ 1:50T-shirts are in. Houa, Sophia, Melinda
15. Spring Play Schedule (2/18-22):
Monday: Meet in Mrs. Kletscher’s room for a short meeting after school.
Tuesday - Friday: 3:30 practice in the auditorium
16. Sports Update -- Boys bb game, postponed from Thurs., 2/14, will be made up as a boy/girl doubleheader on Monday, Feb. 18.
17. Community Blood Bank blood drive will be at WWG HS on Mon., 3/4. 11:00-2:00 & 3:00-5:00.
Sign up at the HS office.
You must be 17 (16 w/parent permission. Get form from office), be in good health, and weigh at least 110 lbs.
18.Juniors please go to Mrs. Byers room for lunch on Tues., 2/19, for an informational meeting about the opportunity of Legion Boys State and Legion Auxiliary Girls State.
19. Book Club will meet next Tuesday, 2/19 in Mrs. Kletscher’s room during lunch.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Faculty meeting on Mon., 2/25, 7:45 am.
Mon., 2/19 - ECFE at WG, Gym Night, 5:30.
Mon., 25 - ECFE at WB, 5:30.
School Board at WG, 7:00 PM.
Thurs., 2/26 - Gr. 4-6 Concert.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Mon., 2/18 - GB, SWC at WB,5:00 B, 6:00 Vars. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Sophomores, Conc. Supervisor-Kletscher
BB, Fulda at WB, 7:35 Varsity only (following GB Varsity)
Tues., 2/19 - BB at Montevideo, C at 4:45 followed by B & Varsity.
Thurs., 2/21 - GB Sections vs HLO/F at Westbrook at 7:00
Fri., 2/22 - BB, SWC at Edgerton, 6:00 Bus :4:25.
WR Ind. Section at Windom 5:00 Bus TMB 1:00, WB 1:30
Sat., 2/23 - GB Sections at Worthington 11:00 Bus WG 9:15 WB 9:35
WR Ind. Section at Windom. 10:00 Bus leaves WB at 6:45.
Sat. 2/23 - JO 12’s practice at 7:30
Mon., 2/25 - BB, Adrian at WB, C at 5:00 followed by B and Varsity. Parents’ Night Pep band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Sophomores, Conc. Supervisor-Sandbulte.
Sat. 3/2-BB Sections at Worthington, TBD