Faculty Advisor Recognition Award
The TEXAAN Faculty Advisor Recognition Award is for an individual whose primary responsibility is teaching and who spend a portion of their time providing academic advising services to students.
The selected recipient will be honored during the Presentation of Awards Ceremony during the TEXAAN Annual Conference. He or She will receive a recognition plaque and a one-year TEXAAN membership. The membership will begin January 1, 2018. For more information about the benefits of TEXAAN membership, click here.
- Any individual serving as a faculty advisor.
- Must be employed by a regionally accredited post-secondary institution in Texas.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience as a faculty advisor as of January 1, 2018.
- Current members of the TEXAAN Executive Board are not eligible for consideration for TEXAAN Awards. After the member’s term of office is over, he or she may then be eligible for nomination.
- Previous recipients of the TEXAAN Faculty Advisor Recognition Award are not eligible.
- TEXAAN membership is not required to be nominated.
The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an outstanding faculty advisor. Such evidence may include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability to advisees, faculty, and/or staff
- Frequency of contact with advisees
- Appropriate referral activity
- Use of dissemination of appropriate information sources
- Evidence of supporting an academic advising program that supports NACADA's Core Values
- Ability to engage in, promote, and support developmental advising
- Participation in and support of advisor development programs
- Evidence of working in an academic advising program that reflects the standards of good practice in the CAS Standards and Guidelines for Academic Advising
- Evidence of student success rate, by advisor or department
- Caring, helpful attitude toward advisees, faculty, and staff
- Perception by colleagues of nominees
If you have any questions regarding the TEXAAN Awards e-mail email@example.com
Last Modified: December 1, 2017