Happy birthday to Dustin V.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Mon., 3/25, Mon., 4/22, Thurs., 5/30 and Fri., 5/31. More may be added later after we see what else winter has in store for us.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Friday, March 29, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
HONOR SOCIETY -- Current and new MHS members meet in the teachers’ workroom at 8:00 AM on Mon., 3/4.
Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch today: Spaghetti w/meat sauce, green beans, garlic toast, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Combo bar, grahams, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Walking tacos, refried beans, fixings, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 3/5 P6b - Dynamic Reading, P6a
Fri., 3/8 - Life 101, 8:25-9:15.
04. FFA NEWS:
Meats competition on Fri., 3/8. Bus leaves WB at 7:00 AM.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
06. Scholarship Deadlines
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
March 20, LIW Pageant for any senior who has participated in the LIW pageant. Get appl. From the HS office.
April 1, American Legion
07. Never Quit: How I Became a Special Ops Parachute Jumper -
By Jimmy Settle
AR (890), 6.4, 13 pts.
The epic memoir of an Alaskan para rescue jumper, Special Forces Operator, and decorated war hero.
08. Juniors interested in Boys’ or Girls’ State, turn in your paperwork no later than March 12. The office has informative handouts.
09. Kiwanis will be serving a BBQ, potato, cookie & water dinner from 5-7 on Mon., 3/4/19, in the lunchroom during P/T Conference. $5.00
10. Tues., 3/12 - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R.. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl -
Sr. high KB will have practice on Tuesday, March 5th during lunch and Wednesday, March 6th at 7:55 am in Ms. Schoephoerster's room. Students will be competing at sub regions on Friday, March 8th in Worthington. We will leave Westbrook by 8:15 and return by 3:15.
12. On Sunday, April 14, the WWG FCA is planning to attend the North Pointe Inside Out, Unspoken, and Caitie Hurst concert at the Marshall High School. Cost is $15 for students, $20 for adults. If you would like to join us, see Mrs. Byers to order tickets. Deadline is March 13 at the next FCA meeting.
13. Minnesota Honor Society
MHS induction ceremony on Mar. 4 in conjunction with music concert.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
Ben Larsen pick up t-shirt
Montevideo (3/9) Bus leaves WB at 6:00 AM.
15. Book Club’s next book selection is The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens, which tells the story of a Minnesota college student who finds himself investigating the 30 year old case of a convicted murderer. Eskens, a Minnesota author, will be coming to speak to the school in April, so read this book before he visits! If you would like Mrs. Kletscher to order a copy for you, please see her by the end of the week.
16. Community Blood Bank blood drive will be at WWG HS on Mon., 3/4. 11:00-2:00 & 3:00-5:00.
Sign up at the HS office.
You must be 17 (16 w/parent permission. Get form from office), be in good health, and weigh at least 110 lbs.
Please, students and staff, come out and save a life!!! With all the weather cancellations we are at high needs for blood donors!!!
We will have t-shirts for all the donors!!!
17. Students willing to help get snow off roofs of elderly folks for good pay contact Mr. Woelber Thursday.
18. It's PIZZA TIME. The sophomores are selling Little Caesars Pizza. The turn in date for all Soph is 3/15. Orders will be delivered 3/26.
Please have checks made out to WWG class of 2021.
Sophomores: Mr. Merrick has extra pizza brochures and envelopes to keep the money collected in. Please see. Remember, your goal should be 7 sold. At 17 you make over $100!
19. Juniors: Please pick up field trip forms for the Escape Room from the office window and have them and the $15 returned to Ms. Schoephoerster or Mrs. Byers by March 6th.
20. Track meeting on Tuesday, March 5th in the lunchroom at 2:50 PM with Coach LeBoutillier.
21. Believe it or not, softball season starts in a week. Practice starts 3/11. If you are interested in going out for softball, please sign up at the office. The snow isn’t going to stop us!
22. TUESDAY, 3/5 - The following need the Tessera assessment. Report to the Media Center computer lab during first period, if possible, or during your first study hall on Tues., March 5. 11th Grade: Matthew B., Kelly B., Camryn B., Jace P., Nathan R.; 10th Grade: Heidi I., Gabriel K., Ivy P., Houa Y.
23. Robotics students leaving Wednesday am for the rest of the week are: Joel, Jonathan, Caleb, Colton, TJ, Houa, Mason, Anna. Meeting today after school to finish paperwork.
24. Mrs. Zollner's Envirothon meeting Thursday --at lunch, in Mrs. Beyers room.
This meeting is to discuss questions and get teams organized to study:
The envirothon focus areas are: forestry, aquatics, rangeland, wildlife, and soils.; you compete as a team and it is all very hands on. Join in! Come and learn more! A sign is posted next to the office --lunch room--and tech campus.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Please have your February Time cards / Timesheets completed and signed by this Thursday. Thanks, Jane
Mon., 3/4 - ECFE at WG, 5:30.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Mon., 3/4 - P/T Conf. at the HS, 3:05-7:00.
7-12 Concert and Honor Society induction, 7:00.
Thurs., 3/7 - BB Sections. WWG vs MCC at Worthington. Bus leaves WB at 4:00. Cheer team leaves WB at 4:30.
Sat., 3/9 - BB Sections