Summer Reading for incoming grade 5 --St. Jane Frances School
Project due-Wednesday , September 4,2019
Novel –Room One by Andrew Clements
There are numerous ways to do a book report. After you have completed reading Room One, choose one method of reporting that interests you.
- Book In A Box – Decorate a box to represent the book and fill it with at least 5 objects that symbolize different aspects of the story.
- Book Timeline –Use words and pictures to make a timeline of at least 5-10 important events from the book. You can use a poster board to do this project.
- Book Mobile –Create a mobile using the four story elements (setting, characters, plot, theme) .On the back of each hanging element give an explanation of the element.
- Shoebox Diorama- An oldie, but a goodie, create a diorama of an important scene from the book and write or type on a paper a description of the scene.
- Book Collage- Create a collage on a poster board using pictures that represent different parts of the book.
- Movie Poster-Pretend the book is going to be made into a movie and create a poster to promote the movie
- Main Character-Make a 3-D model of the main character (can use clay, Playdough or papier -mache ) and write or type an interview with that character.
- Scrapbook – Make a scrapbook with items and at least 5-10 pictures that are important to the life of the main character and to the story.
The first week of school we will be discussing the novel, Room One and will have a test on the book . You will need to bring your project and book to class. You will present your project the first week of school .This year in grade 5 you will be reading at least three novels along with reading stories from the Storytown Reader. You will also be required to read a novel on your own each month and the genre for that novel and project will be assigned each month. I look forward to having you in my class. Have a fun and safe summer.
Mrs. Renee Hammond