KHS -- LEARN ON!
- AP TESTING 2020-21 - AP Testing is fast approaching! Please review this information carefully! AP tests will be done digitally during the 2020-2021 school year. The tests will be administered June 6th - 11th at Kingston High School or at home with prior permission. Permission request is online at https://forms.office.com/r/uQaLDnxVfw. Students will need access to a laptop with a reliable battery, a desktop computer or school managed chromebook. Smart phones are not permitted for testing. For specific test dates and times select the following link. http://khs.nkschools.org/common/pages/UserFile.aspx?fileId=25204271 The payment of $95 for each test can be made online at wa-northkitsap.intouchreceipting.com. For more information, visit the Counseling page on the KHS Website.
- 2021-2022 Registration - Please contact your counselor if you have not yet registered for classes.
- SENIOR Scholarships and Awards will be published live online. More details to come.
- SENIOR PROM is at the fabulous Seattle Aquarium on May 29th at 6:30pm. This event includes dinner. Tickets will be sold on campus May 3rd - May 14th to Seniors only. Tickets are $25.00. Please, no late purchases. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Camp at 360-396-3315.
- Class of 2021 GRADUATION is on Saturday, June 12th, 1:00pm at the NKSD Stadium in Poulsbo. This is a ticketed event due to limited seating. Please see our graduation page for complete details.
- Yearbooks are available for purchase online through our payment site now through June 16th. https://wa-northkitsap.intouchreceipting.com
- 2021-2022 CHEER tryouts are June 1st, 2nd and 3rd, from 3:30pm-6:00pm at the KHS track. Please bring a completed cheer registration form to the tryout. Download the cheer packet from the KHS website under Athletics/Cheerleading at http://khs.nkschools.org/athletics/
- KHS Parking Permits - If you are driving to school, you will need to get a parking permit from KHS Campus Security. Please read the information found on the following link. http://khs.nkschools.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=24977048
Please download and fill out the Permit Contract from the link below. http://khs.nkschools.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=24977050
You must provide proof of: your valid drivers license, car insurance and registration. There will be no charge for the permit this year.
- KAPLAN opportunity for students! Continue preparing for SAT, ACT and AP exams! KAPLAN is offering a free month of SAT On Demand and free live lessons for the AP exams. Learn more at www.Kaptest.com/sat/free/sat-on-demand-trial and www.youtube.com/user/KaplanSATACT/videos.
Scholarships and Colleges
- Visit the KHS Scholarship page for additional information about all available scholarships.
- Local Scholarship Application is necessary for many local scholarships. Local Scholarship Application
- Greater Hansville Community Center is accepting applications for 2021. To qualify, you must be a resident of the Greater Hansville Area. For more information and an application, go to: https://www.hansville.org/scholarship-information-2/. Scholarship deadline is May 5, 2021.
- Greater Kingston Kiwanis Foundation Scholarship is accepting applications for 2021. Applications are due before April 9, 2021. https://greaterkingstonkiwanis.weebly.com/scholarships--community-grants.html
- Kingston-NK RotaryClub Scholarship is accepting applications for 2021. Applications are due by May 30th. . https://rotaryknk.org/page/scholarship
- Poulsbo Noon Lions Scholarship is accepting applications for 2021. Applications are due by April 30th. Local Scholarship Application , Poulsbo Noon Lions Supplemental Form
- Smart Choices College Scholarship Program will award two (2) $5,000 scholarships and eight (8) $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from WIAA member high schools for excellence in athletics/activities, academics, leadership and community service throughout their high school careers. Applicants are required to fill out an online application that includes an essay question. For more information go to wiaa.com/smartchoices
- FAFSA is open. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be filled out by every senior. The FAFSA helps determine financial and given at colleges, universities and tech schools around the country. It is encouraged to fill out the FAFSA as early as possible to guarantee student aid. Please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/fafsa-changes.
- The Eagle Harbor Yacht Club is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to an individual enrolled
in a Marine Industry educational program that, upon completion, will result in a diploma
or certificate, which will further their career in the maritime trades. Contact Mindy Jones for a copy of the application at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is March 15, 2021.
- Elks National Foundation's Legacy Award-Provides $4,000 scholarships for children and grandchildren of dues-paying Elk members. The ENF offers a total of 350 national awards. The application deadline is February 5th, 2021. Please visit https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/legacy.cfm for more details and the link to the application for submission starting October 1st!
- Olympic College Foundation scholarships are open! The Foundation has more than $600,000 available, with a maximum award of $4,500. Scholarship deadlines vary so apply before it is too late! Apply at www.olympic.awardspring.com.
- Collegecovered.com - Sign up for emails to get helpful college tips and resources on planning and paying for college.
- The College Board and Khan Academy have teamed up to create free practice resources for the new SAT, making it easier than ever for all students to achieve their personal best. Visit www.satpractice.org.
Resources For Students & Families:
We are pleased to inform you that our Student Assistance Professional, Renee Partsch, is able to assist any student or family with resources, counseling support or education related to student wellness and to those whom they have already been serving. Renee has specialized training in the field of behavioral health specific to youth substance use and mental health (depression, anxiety and depression). If you would like to connect with Ms. Partsch please call (360)396-3498.
Leave your full name and the best phone number to contact you directly as we strive to maintain confidentiality in our services. Ms. Partsch will respond to the voicemail Monday - Friday between 7:30am - 4:00pm. Renee cannot respond immediately to messages received before or after these work hours. If you are in need of immediate assistance for a mental health, substance use or medical emergency, please call our local crisis line at 1.888.910.0416 and/or 911.
KHS Sports Registration is now open for the third season: Gymnastics, Boys & Girls Basketball, Boys Tennis, Boys Swim and Wrestling. Register for your specific sport now on https://www.familyid.com. Please refer to our Athletics page on the KHS website for more information. http://khs.nkschools.org/athletics/athletic_registration. Practices begin on April 26th. Connect with your coach on MSTeams for practice times. You must complete the KHS Athletics Daily Health Attestation before arriving, be prepared to wear a mask at all times and bring your water bottle. GO BUCS!
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
Students arrive at 9:45 and busses roll at 2:15
1st Lunch Schedule (Based on 5th Period): 1st floor classes & PE
- 4th Period—10:00-11:10
- 1ST Lunch—11:10-11:45
- 5th Period—11:45-12:50
- 6th Period—1:00-2:05
2nd Lunch Schedule (Based on 5th Period): 2nd floor classes & Mr. Call
- 4th Period—10:00-11:10
- 5th Period—11:20-12:25
- 6th Period—1:00-2:05
Student Schedule on Wednesday:
- 10:00—Log into Teams to check for any work
sign-in for attendance
- 12:30-1:15—HSB on Zoom