METG High School Logo Contest
Calling all artists! The Theater Guild invites any Massachusetts student To submit a logo design for this year’s High School Drama Festival.
After all, it is your festival. — Why not make it your logo, too?
Any Massachusetts student in grades 9 – 12 is eligible for the high school contest. The rules are simple.
- Come up with an image — simple, creative and original — to identify this year’s Drama Festival.
- Don’t be limited by traditional theatrical symbols.
- Your design must incorporate the words: Massachusetts High School Drama Festival (no abbreviations) and include the calendar year in which the Festival occurs.
- Other than the artist’s signature, no other text may appear.
- Judging will be based on originality, design quality, and visual impact. Entries become the sole property of METG and will not be returned. The Guild reserves the right to modify the design to meet graphic requirements.
- Entries must be 8-1/2" x 11" in size (VERTICAL FORMAT) in black and white only with no gradation/shading. NO PENCIL DRAWN LOGOS ARE ACCEPTIBLE.
- The following information must appear on the reverse side of the design: student’s name, school, year of graduation, home address, city, state, zip code, home phone number, name of teacher, and signed statement certifying the originality of the submitted work.
Students may not submit more than one entry.
The winning design will be emblazoned on the official Drama Festival T-shirt, and the artist will receive a cash prize.
Member schools may submit up to five designs at no cost. Additional designs may be submitted with payment of a $15.00 entry fee per design. Non-member schools may submit designs with payment of a $20.00 entry fee per design.
Deadline and Method of Payment:
High School designs must be postmarked by Friday, November 16, 2018. Please complete the “HS Contest Entry Form” and either upload design to application form or mail with check or purchase order and a copy of the application form to the address below.
P.O. Box 2538
Mashpee, MA 02649