Mendel’s Experiments Name________________
Quiz: 21 Points Period_______________
1. Which of the following is a possible abbreviation for a genotype?
2. What is the best way to determine the phenotype of the feathers on a bird?
A. analyze the bird's DNA (genes)
B. look at the bird's feathers
C. look at the bird's beak
D. examine the bird's droppings
3. Which of the following pairs is not correct?
A. kk = hybrid
B. hybrid = heterozygous
C. heterozygous = Hh
D. homozygous = RR
4. The genes present in an organism represent the organism's __________.
C. physical traits
5. Which choice represents a possible pair of alleles?
A. k & t
B. K & T
C. K & k
D. K & t
6. How many alleles for one trait are normally found in the genotype of an organism?
7. Which statement is not true?
A. genotype determines phenotype
B. phenotype determines genotype
C. a phenotype is the physical appearance of a trait in an organism
D. alleles are different forms of the same gene