Bring lots of water enough for drinking and washing
Be prepared to take your garbage home with you
Stuff to do before you leave pocket camp:
- Leave Pocket Camp better than you found it
- All tools should be returned to where they came from (shipping container, smokehouse)
- Pick up any and all trash on the ground (even if it’s not from you!)
- Turn all carts over so water does not collect in them
- The container is hard to close. You don’t need to go in there to camp, only to get some work stuff and generator. If you don’t know how to close it, the best move is to not open it.
- Put everything back where it came from!
- The container can be a little tricky -- shut the left door then the right, then use the handles on the vertical bars to lock the container. Latch the left roughly half way, then start to latch the right side and in a concerted motion close the left the rest of the way.
- Turn off propane
- Clean the grill after use with the steel wool brush
- Put everything you wouldn’t leave in the rain at your house (benches, plastic tables, plastic chairs etc.) under the kitchen
- Wipe down tables
- Clean your dishes --
- for larger groups (15+), use the three gray bussing tubs with soapy water, rinse and sanitizer (bleach or sanistar). Soap and sanitizer are in the outdoor kitchen.
- Move spice tub to the hideout
- Sweep and lock the hideout
- clean up your food
- Don’t leave any trash
- There is no composting on site (yet) -- everything needs to be removed from the site
- Bear proof the area
- Clean up food
- How to clean up the kitchen
Turn over chairs
Replace the wood -- fill up the wood house from the smoke house stash
Fully extinguish your fires! (forest fires are bad, mmkay), please be extra mindful of this in the summer.