FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING

Date: July 13, 2019

AGENDA/Minutes

“The mission of Flashpoint Artists Initiative is to encourage growth & development of a community that promotes artistic creativity and freedom of expression.”

Meeting Location: Friends Meeting House, 701 West Howard Ave, Decatur, GA 30030

Meeting Time:    Executive session: 4:00–5:00 pm; Public session: 6:00–8:00

The board met in executive session 4:15–5:30 pm to discuss attendance issues. Board member Luis was present for executive session via phone.

The general meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by board president Mary Robb

  1. TAKE ROLL
  1. Board members present: (Mary, Chad, Ryan, Dale)
  2. Officers present:__√__ (President – Mary Robb), _√_(Vice-President – Chad Jones), _√_(Treasurer – Daniel Draven), _√_(Secretary - Dale Lyles)
  3. Community members present:
  1. Oliver Wheeler (Info Dept Lead)
  2. Brian Marino (Ops Dept Lead)
  3. Alyson Brown
  4. Gracie Hansen
  5. Craig Humphrey (PWC chair)
  6. Jeff Ensing (PWC vice)
  7. Cassi Moore
  8. David Stabler (Event Director)
  1. APPROVAL OF PAST MINUTES
  1. Minutes approved in online session
  1. RECORD OF BUSINESS TAKEN IN SESSION BY BOARD SINCE LAST MEETING
  1. Dale Lyles: board election; secretary
  2. Leadership Summit: Aug 3
  1. OLD BUSINESS
  1. President’s Report (Mary)
  1. Thank you for your productivity and respectfulness.
  2. Thanked present event team members for their patience and hard work in the face of stressful circumstances.
  1. Action Items from last month’s BOD Meeting (Date of Last Meeting)
  1. Status of Summit/Doodle Poll results
  1. August 3; location TBD;  
  1. “Taming the Drive”
  1. Chad’s still working on it
  1. develop subject headings/authority list
  1. Committee Update
  1. Public Works Committee (Craig   )
  1. unable to do inventory weekend;
  2. date TBD
  3. check with Ghini re: gate
  1. Will Johnson (Mission Scope Creep) is wanting to help/take over
  1. Event Committee (Stabler)
  1. meeting regularly; meeting this Sunday
  1. selection team leads
  2. changes in Safety
  3. ticket cap; last week of July for tix; mid Aug, Sep (three tiers)
  4. prices slightly higher
  5. theme to be selected
  6. Teams working hard; expressed confidence
  7. possibility big art in cross-pollination grants
  1. Communications Committee (Chad)
  1. need new chair for Comm
  2. members: chad, ghini, lizz, redranger, dale
  3. explore software platforms for communication/planning
  4. alchemyburn transition to SquareSpace: no update
  5. on Facebook: not allowing members to invite new members
  1. Home Committee (LUIS)
  1. No chair for the home committee
  1. Conduct Committee (CHAD)
  1. In talks with Jacob to make sure that the committee is set up to be legally compliant
  2. looking to relaunch, looking for chair
  3. board currently reviewing conduct complaints
  1. NEW BUSINESS
  1. Land Contract
  1. Brian, Ryan, Stabler meeting with Hugh on Wed, 7/17 re: land
  1. Event Insurance
  1. waiting on contract
  1. Event Permit
  1. 90% done/reusable
  1. Burn production calendar/manual (Dale)
  1. I want to take point on overseeing this process
  2. Calendar to spread ≈18 months
  3. dates, tickets, theme for Alchemy announced in Jan
  4. all planning to make that happen
  1. FAI website (Dale)
  1. Keep on WordPress or move to SquareSpace?
  1. already in the plans after Alchemy
  2. in the meantime: update/revamp: board info; agendas; minutes; contact
  1. board approved
  1. Liaison assignment clarification and recording
  1. Mary
  1. Election Committee (not discussed)
  2. Treasurer’s Report
  1. Euphoria underperformed; need Alchemy to make up the difference
  2. Org: $10,216.85
  3. Alchemy Event: $2,000.00
  4. Euphoria Event: $2,000.00
  5. Art Fundraiser Event: $2,000.00
  6. PWC: 2,000.00
  7. Money Market (Op Reserves): $72,084.51
  8. Available Credit Line: $5,000
  1. Public Comment
  1. There was no public comment.
  1. ACTION ITEMS
  1. Announcements:
  1. Summit: Aug 3; PLACE (CHAD)
  2. who needs to be invited
  3. scope of summit
  4. when do invites go out
  1. Comm Committee Chair [CHAD]:
  1. ask current members if they’re interested in chair (or know someone)
  1. Send map to Brian (DALE)
  2. Electronic Waivers
  1. invite Will Johnson for August meeting (DALE)
  1. FAI site transition to SquareSpace (DALE)
  1. check with Lizz
  1. Facebook group settings: change to no invites (CHAD)
  2. call out for home committee chair (LUIS)
  3. Contract, Insurance, Permit (RYAN)
  1. by Aug 1
  2. Council meeting Aug 6 (?)
  1. ADJOURN
  1. Motion to Adjourn: (Dale)
  2. Second (Chad)
  3. Vote: unanimous

Time: 7:18