Kingdom of Meridies
Webminister Policy & Handbook
V2.4 August 2019
- All Society Policy will be followed with regards to the webministers and websites.
- Domain Names: Where possible, it is preferable to have local branches follow one of the following website naming conventions:
- • BranchName.KingdomName.org
- • BranchName.KingdomName.sca.org
- • KingdomName.org/BranchName
- • KingdomName.sca.org/BranchName
If external domains outside the Kingdom domain must be acquired for a branch because the Kingdom’s domain does not accept or support subdomains, domain names should be purchased and maintained by an SCA branch, and never by an individual.
In cases where a group name is difficult to spell, it is recommended that two domain names be registered: one with the full name of the group, and one with a shortened version. Example: The Shire of Duthaich Beinne Aird could be simplified to DBA.
- Reasons for a Local Web Site: A local website is less formal than a Kingdom website. It exists to serve the needs of a local branch or organization, to inform and educate that group of people about the SCA community in which they live, and to further the educational purposes of the SCA. It is crucial that the members of a local branch communicate with one another, and a website is an excellent method of communicating with the populace
- Definition of a Local Web Site: A local branch website is the recognized publication of a recognized group within the SCA, Inc. It cites that local branch or educational organization as its publishing authority and is maintained by a Webminister who is recognized by the Kingdom Webminister.
- Kingdom Webminister policy
- All local branches must submit quarterly reports that are due on March 5th, June 5th, Sept 5th, and Dec 5th. A reporting form will be available. Reports are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All local groups must have a social media officer or a webminister (or their deputy) who acts in that capacity.
- All webministers and social media officers must be warranted. Warrants are reviewed every 2 years.
- It is suggested, when possible, that the office change hands every 2 years.
- Kingdom website policy
- All local groups must be hosted by the Kingdom ( see Society policy regarding URLs)
- Websites will be provided for local groups, kingdom great offices & royalty (College of Heralds, A&S Etc).
- Great officers will be provided a static email address. Email forwarders will be available for lesser offices, guilds and other official organizations. New static email boxes may be requested and reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Managed Wordpress will be provided for lesser offices, guilds, and other official organizations.
- Managed WordPress: The Kingdom webminister will set up a WordPress site for you and give you the login information. The rest is up to you.
- All websites associated with Meridies will be under the purview of the Kingdom Webminister.
- Websites that are a part of the Meridies information system must be hosted on the Kingdom Host.
- All local group websites must maintain an accurate and up to date calendar of activities on their website. This is within the scope of what they’re given by other offices. Webministers will not be penalized for not having the information to post.
- All websites associated with the Kingdom of Meridies must be mobile-friendly. Accessibility is also suggested.
- Contact information for the Seneschal, Chatelaine, and Webminister must be available at all times. The webminister’s email address must be present in the copyright. Addresses may be those given with the hosting plan.
- All websites, local and otherwise, must follow Social media policy (both Society and Kingdom) with regards to materials, images, and trademarks. Social media policy can be found on the meridies.org website.
- All local activities on the website calendar and FaceBook page must be the same. Local activities should be posted on the FaceBook page weekly as part of the webminister team’s duties.
- Please check with social media or the kingdom webminister for photo and material releases. If one is required, you will be informed.
- All group and office websites associated with the Kingdom of Meridies will contain this disclaimer:
Copyright © YEAR YOUR GROUP/OFFICE NAME. This is the recognized website for YOUR GROUP/OFFICE NAME of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. and is maintained by WEBMINISTER NAME. This site may contain electronic versions of the group’s governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister at WEBMINISTER’S EMAIL (XXX [AT] CCC DOT COM). They will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site. All external links are not part of the YOUR GROUP/OFFICE NAME website. Inclusion of a page or site here is neither implicit nor explicit endorsement of the site. Further, SCA, Inc. is not responsible for content outside of meridies.org and YOUR WEBSITE.