Fire and Police Outing Club By-Laws of the Fireman’s and Policeman’s Outing Club
Article I: Name
Section 1. This club shall be known as the “Fireman’s and Policeman’s Outing Club.”
Here in after known as “F&POC”. In the Past may have been known as “Pan Gap.”
Article II Membership
This club shall consist of all sworn members of the Chattanooga Fire Dept. and all sworn members of the
Chattanooga Police Dept... Not excluding all retired personnel of both departments. Membership shall not be declined on the basis of sex, religion, race, or national origin.
Section 2. Membership shall be in 5 types:
1. Active Membership:
Due paying members in good standing with the F&POC. Members must be presently employed as sworn
personnel of Fire and Police Departments of the City of Chattanooga.
2. Inactive Membership:
Any member presently employed as a sworn member of the Chattanooga Fire Dept. or Chattanooga Police
Dept. of the City of Chattanooga that elects to not be an active member of the F&POC; however may elect to become an active member at a later date.
3. Retired Membership:
Every retired member of the Chattanooga Fire Dept. or the Chattanooga Police Dept. of the City of
Chattanooga, who is in the Fireman’s and Policeman’s Insurance Pension Plan” shall be considered a “Active Member” and shall not have to pay due’s.
4. Associate Membership:
This shall be a member who is not an employee of CFD or CPD, but is elected by the Board of Directors of the F&POC to be a member. They will be required to pay a $25.00 initiation fee and dues of $60 per year.
Fire and Police Outing Club
5. Special Membership:
This member shall be a civilian employee of the Fire or Police Dept of the City of Chattanooga. This member must be paid under the budget of the Fire and Police Dept. and is not sworn.
Article III Objectives of the F&POC
Section 1. The object of the F&POC is to provide recreation for members and their families.
To promote and assist charitable organization and other such community and other such community service
groups or organizations.
Section 3. Any and all profits from the F&POC shall be used in a non-profit manor to accomplish
Article III Section1 and 2.
Article IV Board of Directors of the F&POC
Section 1. Beginning 1 Jan of 1993 the members of the Board of Directors shall elected in January of
every calendar year. Nominations shall be made starting at the 1st meeting of December and last for no less than 1 week and not more than 2 weeks. Section 2. The Board of Directors shall consist of 7 members of the CFD and 3 members of the CPD.
They shall be elected by popular vote by their respective departments.
Section 3. The new Board shall take office immediately after the vote is counted and verified by the
old board, or as soon as possible afterward. They shall as soon as possible after taking office elect among themselves a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
If for any reason a member of the board cannot complete their term of office, the members of the board that are shall elect an interim member to serve out the retiring member’s term.
Fire and Police Outing Club
Article V Duties of the Board Members
Section 1. Duties of the President of the board of directors:
1. The President shall call to order all meetings of F&POC.
2. The President shall have the power to call a special meeting if deemed needed.
3. The President will be required to see that all Bi-Laws are followed.
4. The President will investigate or appoint a committee top investigate all complaints
about the board or its properties.
5. The President shall address any and all request for information about F&POC.
6. The President shall have 1 vote.
7. The President’s duties shall also include those normally prescribed to this office.
Section 2. Duties of the Vice-President of the Board of Directors:
1. The V.P. shall assume all duties of the President in the Presidents absence.
2. The V.P. shall be charged with the overseeing the Treas. and the Sec. And shall
assume such duties in the event of their temporary absence.
3. The V.P. shall have 1 vote.
4. The V.P.’s duties shall also include those normally prescribed by this office.
Section 3. Duties of the Treasurer of the Board of Directors:
1. The Treasurer shall control for the F&POC all monies received.
2. The Treasurer shall make sure that all bills and monies owed by F&POC shall be
paid in a timely manor.
3. The Treasurer shall make, at every meeting, a financial report.
Fire and Police Outing Club 4. The Treasurer shall in Dec., make a yearly financial Report to the Board.
5. The Treasurer shall have 1 vote.
6. The Treasurer will also have all other duties normally prescribed to this office.
Section 4. Duties of the Secretary of the Board of Directors:
1. The Secretary shall keep and maintain all records of the meeting of the F&POC
2. The Secretary shall assume the duties of the V.P. in his absence.
3. The Secretary shall have 1 vote,
4. The Secretary will also have all other duties normally prescribed to this office.
Duties of the Regular members of the Board of Directors:
1. The Regular members shall work to assist all board members in running the F&POC
in a professional manor.
2. The Regular members shall be ready to assume any duties needed to assist the board
as a whole.
3. All regular members shall have 1 vote.
4. All regular members shall do any and all duties normally prescribed to this office.
Article VI Voting
1. Voting for CFD members shall be held over 3 day’s that fall on day’s that Red, Blue and
Green shift all work. This may be in any shift rotation order.
2. Voting for the CFD shall be at each Fire Station, Admin and Training.
3. Voting for CPD members shall be over the same 3 days CFD voting takes place.
4. Voting for CPD members shall be at each District Office, Administration and Training.
5. Voting for retired members shall be at any of the above area’s or at the Pension Office.
6. Each vote shall be unsigned, however they must sign a list that they have voted.
Fire and Police Outing Club
Article VII Dues
Due’s for an active member shall be$1.00 per pay period for the 1st and 2nd period in both Fire and Police
Dept. and the same for Special Members. Section 2.
Due’s for a Associate member shall be $25.00 initiation fee and followed by $5.00 a month due on the1st
of each month or $60.00 per year.
Section 3. Retired members pay no due’s and enjoy all rights as an Active member.
Article VII Ownership of Properties
Section 1. All properties of the F&POC belong to all Active, Non active and Retired members.
Section 2. To sale any property that belongs to F&POC all active members, non-active members and
all retired members will have a vote.
Article IX User of Properties
Section 1. All Active, Retired, Special and Associate members may use the property for allowable
Section 2. Any organization and/or service group that wants to use any properties that belongs to the
F&POC must submit in writing what, when and why they would like to use it. And appear before the board. Fees for use (if any) will be set by the board. Note, Fee’s may be deleted if for a good cause.
Fire and Police Outing Club The Board of Directors has the responsibility to maintain and improve all properties belonging to the F&POC.
Article X Purchasing
Section 1. All Checks must be signed by 2 of the Following three Officers:
1. Treasurer 2. President 3. Vice-President
All checks that are $100.00 or more must have the approval of the Board of Directors.
Section 3. Any Contract over $500.00 must have 2 Bids in writing.
Section 4. The Board has the right to accept the highest bid if the Board deems the lowest bid is
unacceptable with 2/3-majority vote.
By Laws Approved April 7th 1992
Type and posted December 12, 2003 Tim Zink VP F&POC
This is meant to be a copy and not the actual by-laws.