Enable 2-Step Verification on Your Google Account
What is 2-Step Verification?
2-Step Verification adds an extra layer of protection to your Google account. When enabled, your cell phone will be sent a login code that you will need to provide as part of your Google account’s login process. As a result, even if someone else has your Google password, that person will not be able to access your Google account without your cell phone. The Tech department encourages staff to consider turning on this verification to avoid account compromise.
To turn on 2-step verification:
- Go to links.pccsk12.com/2step
- Click on GET STARTED .
- Log into your PCCS Google account
- Enter your cell phone number
- Select to receive your code through text message or phone call
- Click NEXT .
- Enter the 6-digit code you received through text message or phone call
- Click NEXT .
- Click TURN ON to enable 2-step verification
- The next time you log into your Google account, you will need to enter the 2-step verification code you receive through text message or phone call
- Your device will be remembered for 30 days, after which you will be prompted to enter another 2-step verification code.
- After 2-step verification is enabled, you will need to logout and log back into your Google account on all of your devices.
- Other alternative methods of authentication can be found reviewed at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839#