Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School – Board of Directors Special Meeting
03.11.19 at 7 pm - Children’s House, 1204 E Empire
BOD Approved on 03.18.19
- Call to Order
- Jordan called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm.
- Roll Call: Kelli Jackson, President (via phone till 8:30 pm); Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Jordan Meyers, Treasurer; Cayce Hamerschlag, Member; Melissa Gould, Member
Absent from BOD: Stacey Weyand, Vice President
Staff: Jon Orris, IHOS
Community Members: None
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
- Executive Session: pursuant to CRS 24-6-402(4)(e) to determine positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiation and to instruct negotiators, specifically to have a board-only discussion of charter contract.
- Recorded on Cayce’s IPhone.
- At 7:11 pm Cayce moved to enter into Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4)(e) to determine positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiation and to instruct negotiators, specifically to have a board-only discussion of charter contract. Motion seconded, no discussion. Jordan stipulated that all current E/M S Board members and Jon Orris, IHOS, be in attendance with no other persons invited to attend. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Cayce moved to exit out of Executive Session at 9:22 pm. Motion seconded, no discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Note: no action was taken during the Executive Session.
- New Business
- Upcoming Events
- Gallery Night - March 19th from 3:30 to 6 pm
- Next BOD meeting(s)
- E/M S Regular Board Meeting - March 18, 2019 at 5:30 pm (Work Session), 7 pm (Regular Meeting) at Children’s House
- Adjournment: Tamia moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 9:22 pm.
Prepared for publishing by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary