Student Communications Coordinator
San Jacinto College District • Houston, TX ▪ May 2020 to Present
- Oversaw daily coordination of communications to 40,000 diverse learners across the student lifespan.
- Transitioned student communications from [what they were before] to a CRM platform including [insert key accomplishment of the project that corresponds with job description].
- Developed a multi-channel communication strategy and editorial calendar to engage student learners with accessible, engaging, and clear content across the student journey.
- Increased email open rates by 16 percent through improving subject lines, A/B testing, improved graphics, and segmentation.
- Advised student affairs offices on the use of strategic content creation, newsletters, and social media strategy.
Strategic Communications Consultant and Content Creator
May 2014 to Present
- Served as a website developer, social media content strategist, and communications consultant for pastors, churches, and faith-based content creators.
- Collaborated with women and femme rostered leaders to create a viral social media strategy that reached nearly 100,000 people with one post around International Women's Day in 2020.
- Served as freelance graphic designer for multiple publications, including Living Lutheran, Pacific Lutheran University, Nebraska Synod and more.
- Managed social media accounts for St. Paul Area Synod Assembly in 2014, served as a speaker and educator for church leaders around social media in the Twin Cities area.
Digital Communications Coordinator
Mosaic • Omaha, NE ▪ Jan. 2017 to Dec. 2019
- Led a team that increased unique web visits, while creating a standardized digital communications strategy and policies across more than 35 agencies of an organization with $226 million in annual revenue.
- Served as the primary manager of an on-time and on-budget website redesign that allowed Mosaic to better track key performance indicators, core business goals, and align with a new strategic vision, working collaboratively with every department in the organization.
- Served as the primary architect of a 2017 social media and digital advocacy campaign that produced nearly 6,500 messages to elected officials from more than 1,500 advocates, with a 19% advocacy rate.
Mosaic • Omaha, NE ▪ Oct. 2014 to Dec. 2016
- Wrote and edited for print and digital communications including editorials for CEO, magazine articles, fundraising appeals, internal communications materials, blog posts, press releases, social media posts, and more.
- Managed content and trained users for more than 40 social media accounts, doubling engagement and web traffic from social accounts annually.
Christ the King Lutheran Church • New Brighton, MN ▪ 2011 to 2014
- Served as the primary point of contact for all internal and external communications, responsible for proactively planning, organizing, designing, and executing all routine and special communications.
- Ensured individual pieces and projects aligned with the church mission and vision.
- Produced and edited videos, photography and more to support church outreach and ministry.
Lake Chelan Mirror • Chelan, WA ▪ 2010-2011
- Served as a reporter/photographer for a weekly newspaper.
- Assisted with page design, social media management, and copyediting.
Lake Chelan Mirror • Chelan, WA ▪ 2009
Served as a news intern during the summer of 2009, covering the ELCA Youth Gathering and 2009 Churchwide Assembly.