Sample Facility Event Space Rental Agreement
This contract for the rental of a venue is made this day, xxxx, by and between Bronx River Art Center, Inc., hereafter referred to as the Owner, and xxxx, hereafter referred to as the Renter.
Whereas, the Renter desires to temporarily rent, occupy, and make use of the Owner’s “event space” venue, located at 1087 East Tremont Ave. Bronx, NY 10460 and known as Ground floor rear room. BRAC is extending the courtesy to the Renter for the use of the Garden and Terrace at no extra charge, with the stipulation that Renter provides security monitoring along Riverbank at all times that garden area is accessible by public. Renter shall also be allowed to use the pantry for the preparation of pre-cooked or pre-prepared foods – absolutely NO heat source other than microwave reheating will be allowed. Use of the roof garden can be arranged at an additional charge based on hours requested. Otherwise all other spaces of the facility are off limits other than those spaces necessary for egress to the event space, this being the front doors to the gallery, the side doors for handicap access only and the rear doors for access to the patio and garden. Absolutely NO smoking is allowed on premises either inside or outside the building. Attendees wishing to smoke must go out to the public sidewalk and away from the front entrance to the building.
Whereas, the Owner agrees to such rental, occupation, and use in consideration of certain payments, guarantees and covenants herein enumerated;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Renter shall pay to the Owner the sum of $850 for a period of five (5) hours inclusive of one additional hour (total) allowed for set up and break down. Any addition time needed for set up or break down will be billed at $50 an hour. Any additional event time is billed at $100 an hour (in quarterly segments) up to 7 hrs. Any event scheduled or extending beyond 7 hrs the rate reverts to the full day rate of $1,200. Any additional hours beyond full day rate, or beyond 10:00 PM, will be billed at $125 per hr and $75 per hr for overrun set up and break down time.
- Events booked no later than 30 days before the commencement of the rental period shall pay $225 as a non-refundable deposit that will be applied to rental charges upon final settlement of accounts. The full agreed upon rate, shall be paid by Renter at the START of the event. Security deposit funds will be returned to the Renter within 48 hrs, minus any charges for actual damages done to the venue by Renter or his/her associates or minus any charge for event or clean up overrun.
- Renter shall provide a certificate of Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 per incident, $3,000,000 General Aggregate, naming the Bronx River Art Center Inc.,1087 East Tremont Ave., Bronx NY 10460 as additional insured. (see ACCORD form attached) and an endorsement assuring that BRAC is named additionally insured
- Renter shall also secure any appropriate licenses for serving or selling alcohol no less than 30 days before event.
- The full rental fee for the use of the venue described in (2) above shall be based on hours used. The balance of the rental fee due, less the non-refundable deposit described in (1) above, shall be payable to the Owner upon the commencement of the rental period described in (2) above.
- Renter shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when Renter took control of it. Garbage removed from premises shall be removed from the area and NOT left curbside. Any spills or staining in pantry, event space or bathrooms must be cleaned up by Renter.
- Upon Renter’s completion of his/her obligations under (3) and (4) above, the Owner shall return to Renter the security deposit minus any amounts deemed necessary to repair damages inflicted upon the venue by Renter and/or Renter’s associates, guests, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the venue during the rental period, whether or not such persons did so with Renter’s knowledge or consent.
- In the event that Renter fails to pay the balance due within the time period agreed upon in this contract, interest shall accrue upon the unpaid balance at the rate of 18% per year until it is paid. Renter shall also be liable to owner for any legal fees, court costs, and other expenses associated with collection.
- Renter will be liable for any physical damages, legal actions, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that Owner may incur as a consequence of the actions of Renter or any of Renter’s guests while Renter is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all legal actions which may arise from Renter’s use of the venue.
- Any disputes arising under this contract shall be adjudicated in the Owner’s local jurisdiction.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and reservations.