Welcome, this tutorial is creating OWL Assignments
So you have used the OWL Test Builder to build an online activity -- say a tutorial, a quiz, a simulated interview. In OWL we call these things tests. Now you need to tell the Test Management System what to do with it. We do this by creating an assignment. It’s a set of instructions that you give to the test management system for delivering your online activity. Which users to deliver it to...When they can access it...And some other key information like, how it will be scored, or who can rate it. Even though there are a lot of options, it is actually quite simple so let’s get started.
Select “Manage Assignments” from the “Testing” Menu. This will launch the assignment list page.Let’s make a new assignment by clicking “Create” button
CREATE ASSIGNMENTS PAGE INSTRUCTIONS
This is the create assignment page.
- Give your assignment a Name and a Title.
- Select the OWL Activity you are assigning to your students.
- If you are using target audio, choose the Language.
- Now set the Begin and End date. This means you can set up your assignments in advance. However, your students will not see the assignment if they log in before or after this date range.
- If your users are organized into OWL classes, select the Class for the assignment.
- Select Practice if you want your test takers to be able to use your activity many times. Each time they repeat the practice activity the system deletes the prior response and creates a new one. So do NOT use practice if you want to create a record of the responses or ratings.
- Click Show Instant Test Results and the student will see their score when they are done the test
- Show Instant Item Results, the student will see if they are right or wrong as the finish each item
- Allow Student to Resume - if you click this, the student can go in and out of the activity at will. When they log back in the Test Management System will start them at the point where the left off.
- If your test contains manually rated items like essays or oral response, this is where you tell OWL how they will be rated.
- If your OWL subscription includes the ability to send users email notifications, the Notification Builder will be available to you in this part of the screen.
Always Save your work.
USING ASSIGNMENT ROSTERS
Now your assignment appears in the Assignment List Page. These are the assignment rosters. On the left is the assignment’s roster. On the right are all the students in your classes.
- Use these check boxes on the left to remove a student from an assignment.
- To add them back in, use the check box on the right. The student is back on the left side under the assignments roster.
- This drop down allows you to switch between the different rosters.
Click Close when you are through.
Thank you for your time.