Section on Women’s Health-APTA
Position: Executive Board Member of the Section on Women’s Health. Elected to Office by membership vote.
Term: 1 year entrance term to a consecutive 3 year service in the evolved President service role, due to June 2018 SoWH Bylaws vote (1 year President-Elect -> 1 year President -> 1 year Past-President)
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
- Prepare for the President Role and assist President in providing leadership to the Section:
- Perform all special projects as assigned by the President and/or approved by the board.
- In the absence of the President, the President-Elect shall be the presiding officer.
- Upon request, assist all officers in performing their responsibilities.
- Manage and assign Committee / Volunteer appointments
- The President-Elect shall make/confirm all committee appointments.
- Following election to office, the President-Elect shall prepare and file with the President and Executive Director, a complete list of all appointments that are to be made to all existing committees/ SIGs / Taskforce(s) etc., as well as new committee(s) the President-Elect will ask the Board to create after succeeding to the President position.
- Serve as Committee Liaison:
- Serve as Committee Liaison to appointed committee(s)/ SIG(s)/ Taskforce(s) as confirmed by first board meeting of the year.
- Attend Meetings:
- CSM = 5 days
- Spring/Summer Retreat = 4 days
- Fall Meeting = 1 day
- ASAE CEO Symposium = 2 days
- APTA House of Delegates + NEXT Conference = 5 days
- IOPTWH General Business meeting (every 4 years)
- Other meetings as needed (e.g. Leadership training)
- Professional Development = to be determined
- Represent the SoWH as alternate Delegate to the IOPTWH :
- Support the Vice President in being alert for ways in which the mission of PT in
- Women’s Health may be accomplished around the world
- Attend the IOPTWH General Business Meeting should it fall during President-Elect term
- Daily Slack participation for communication with SoWH Board & SoWH HQ Team
- Daily email correspondence to SoWH email account
- Pre-reading of Board Briefs for each of the three in-person board meeting
- Monthly Executive Board phone conferences
- Planning time to build the complete list of all appointments that are to be made to all existing committees/ SIGs / Taskforce(s) etc.,
SO DO I HAVE THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES FOR THE JOB?
- Must be willing to serve a three year commitment: President-elect, President, Past-President
- Enjoy a leadership role and mentoring others
- Have the skill set to be decisive, fair, and engaging
- Have the ability to keep a meeting running smoothly and mediate discussion
- Can network within the Section, APTA, and external organizations
- Have good problem-solving skills when sensitive situations arise within the SoWH
- Attention to detail and ability to organize and manage time is needed for various projects.
SO WHY SHOULD I DO THIS?
- An opportunity to grow your leadership skills
- To realize the rewards of maintaining and building a strong connection between the membership of the SoWH, the Board of Directors, the APTA, external organizations, and the IOPTWH
- Free tuition to Pre-Conference at CSM
- Hotel, travel and per-diem paid at CSM, Annual Conference, and Retreat (based on shared room)
- Professional development opportunities