Enter the matrix
Set up with 💖and 😓 by Dylan & Eduardo
📣 📢 🗨️ 💬 👁️🗨️ 🗯️ 💭 ✉️ 📩 📨 📧 💌 📥 📪 📮
IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE SENDING A CHAT IS AS SIMPLE AS SENDING AN EMAIL.
The future of instant messaging! Seamless communication across different chat apps!*
*Currently works with Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts and Whatsapp. Keep reading to learn how to set them up once you log in.
Yes. Just go to riot.caltech.party and make an account.
With the matrix.org open source chat standards and implementations, and set up using Slavi’s ansible playbooks and Tulir’s mautrix bridges
Setting up the Matrix bridges is super easy, all you have to do is invite one of the bridge bots to a room, and they’ll help you link your accounts.
The bot’s handles are:
Setting up the WhatsApp bridge:
1) On Matrix, start a chat with the WhatsApp bridge bot ( @whatsappbot:caltech.party )
2) Say login to the bot, it will give you a QR code
3) On the WhatsApp app on your phone, go to the menu and choose WhatsApp Web
4) Add a new device and scan the QR code
Setting up the Facebook Messenger bridge
For the Facebook bridge to work you need to set up two factor authentication.
You can use SMS to receive the authentication key or a 2FA app. A good one is Duo Security, available for android and iOS. Once you enable 2FA, you will receive a code every time you log into Facebook from a new device.
Setting up the Google Hangouts bridge:
1) Start a chat with the Hangouts bridge bot and say login, the bot will provide a link to the login screen ( @hangoutsbot:caltech.party )
2) Say login to the bot, it will give you link to perform the login. We suggest you use the manual login mode.
Join us AT #thebakery