NOTES FROM THE PEOPLESOFT CONFERENCE 2018 (10/22/18)
Session B | Notes taken by Silvia Avila
- What steps you take to avoid suspense? (A. Galindo - SDCOE)
- Run queries to see if any will hit suspense for timecards and paysheets and enter corrections.
- When is the best time to clear queries? (A. Galindo - SDCOE)
- After the first pre-calc.
- Best practices to clear suspense?
- Create a checklist (sample handout)
- Run queries
- If there is no budget assign, where everything goes?
- It can be found on BetterPEDR under suspense
- Encinitas has instructions to Do Not use Correct Suspense Entries screen (S.Smart)
- Yes, they need to be cleared out
- If changes to department and not DBT, it will charge to incorrect department.
- If active DBT and changes, query only pulls positions with no active DBT
- On Journal Entries (T. Darr, Carlsbad) how do you identify the changes after you saved the report?
- Added months to identify the month changed. Employees have multiples changes in a month
- Returning retirees - Retirement benefits goes to suspense. Known issue
- If something went wrong with employees’ check, the 3400 ends in suspense. If you are paying something on the off-cycle the system doesn’t like it - known issue
- When clearing and crossing funds, always clear to and from.
- Navigation to clear suspense: Main Menu>GL>Journals>Suspense Correction>Correct Suspense Entries - You can find it on CRC Third Thursday Demo (3/2017)
- None recorded.