YOUTH PROGRAM DIRECTOR
YOUTH PROGRAM DIRECTOR
ADULT PROGRAM PRICE INCREASE and NEW DISCOUNTS
SADC is increasing prices for its adult program effective Monday, February 3, 2020. Alongside the increase, SADC is offering a new Discounted Training Program, expanding its Adult Scholarship Program, and continuing to offer the Work Study Program, and Professional Performer Rate. We’ve designed this FAQ page to answer questions and will continue to add to this as we are in dialogue with you.
- WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE 2/3/20?
- SADC prices for adult classes will go up by $1 for a single 90-minute class from $17 to $18. 60-minute single classes will remain at $14. Class card prices will increase by 5-7%. Please see the new prices posted throughout SADC, on our website, and at the front desk.
- WHAT ARE THE DISCOUNT PROGRAMS?
- The NEW Discounted Training Program (DTP) for those with household incomes $45,000/year or less.
- Professional Performer Class Rate ($1 off drop-ins and one year expiration dates for class cards).
- Work Study Program = open to all; one hour of work = one class or one hour of rehearsal. Offers over $17,000 each year in trade to the community.
- Stephanie Jacob Adult Scholarship Fund: SADC gives away over 200 classes per year via a need-based scholarship application available online three times per year in January, June and September.
- WHERE CAN I FIND PRICING AND DISCOUNT INFO?
- Everything regarding the price increase, class schedule and new discount opportunities are on the Adult Program page at shawl-anderson.org/class-schedule
- WHY ARE YOU INCREASING YOUR ADULT CLASS PRICES?
- As we face the realities of running a nonprofit in the Bay Area, the price increase will allow SADC to:
- sustain current adult class programming without cuts or interruptions in programming;
- maintain livable wages for a staff of 65 teaching artists, administrators and accompanists;
- ensure the sustainability of our nonprofit programs for years to come by maintaining a balanced budget.
- WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCREASE SUPPORT?
- Duplicate Offerings: SADC is able to offer the same class and level at different times and days (e.g., SADC offers Advanced Modern six days a week and three Beginning II Ballet classes at varying days and times).
- Smaller Classes: SADC has a long held belief that a smaller class is a truly valuable experience. While a smaller class generates less revenue, it can provide students with individualized attention and growth.
- Live Accompaniment: Live music is a wonderful and important part of ballet training. We are so grateful to be able to maintain a staff of five talented accompanists.
- Administrative & Human Support: SADC is open and here for students seven days a week to support students with enrollment, class questions, and special requests. With automation on the rise, we value human connection and want to remain available to support our students 360 days per year.
- CAN I USE MY EXISTING CLASS CARD WHEN THE PRICE CHANGES?
- If you have an existing class card on February 3, 2020 when the price increases, you may use this as is. There will not be a change or surcharge to existing cards. They may be used through their expiration date as usual.
- WHY ARE YOU OFFERING DISCOUNT PROGRAMS?
- Our community includes adult students with widely varying economic situations. We understand that this 5-7% increase will be very challenging for some and easy to meet for others. If you do not need the discount opportunities, please know that your participation in classes helps us offer the discount opportunities to students in need of such an opportunity in order to take class. In this way, we are aiming to increase equity in regards to who can participate. Thank you to everyone for being a part of this community model.
- WHAT IF I CAN’T APPLY FOR THE DISCOUNT PROGRAMS ONLINE?
- While we are using online forms and tools to take applications for our discounted training programs, we welcome anyone to call or stop at the front desk and we will support you in completing the forms if internet access isn’t readily available to you; if you prefer a hard copy; or, if you prefer to complete the form verbally. All applications will be treated equally and we will keep all information confidential.
- WHAT IF I WANT TO TALK MORE ABOUT MY OPTIONS?
- Our Directors are on hand to meet with you and help find a solution that works for your budget and resources. Contact the front desk and they will connect you immediately with a Director who can help you understand your best options to meet your dance training goals. This is true for ALL students from absolute beginners to advanced and professionals. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you.
- HOW DOES SADC REVIEW APPLICATIONS AND SELECT STUDENTS FOR THE DTP AND THE SCHOLARSHIPS?
- These programs are need-based, not merit-based. Dancers of all adult ages, levels, backgrounds, styles and experiences are welcome to apply. Each application process has a deadline and all submissions will then be reviewed by SADC Directors. We are thrilled to provide these opportunities and looking for students who demonstrate a commitment to their training, the SADC mission and the community.