2018-19 TEAM STAFF REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
The following rostered official Team Staff roles require registration in both the US Soccer Connect / Blue Star and SFYS / SAY Soccer Affinity systems, background clearance, as well as state and federal policy compliance.
- Use your legal name consistently across all soccer platforms: (SAY Affinity, Stack, US Soccer, LiveScan), not diminutive or hypocoristic names. Why? because coach licenses, live scan all go by legal names.
- Elizabeth (not Liz, Lizzie, Liza, Libb, Lisbeth, Beth, Bessie, Bess)
- Robert (not Rob, Bob, Bobby, Robbie)
- For rostered team staff registration step-by-step with screenshots, click here.
This person (or people) will have permission to accept players, authorize transfers and drops, manage rosters from the back end. It is allowed to be a coach or a club registrar, but we recommend having a non-coach, parent Team Manager to help coordinate all the behind-the-scenes coordination and communication.
- Register in Fall 2018 Coach Pool (Blue Star Sports). This step is required by all team staff, even returning coaches and team managers, in order to authorize background clearance.
- Returning Coach, Team Manager or Parent? Your username is your email. Click “Forgot Password” to get a temporary password and update your imported account.
- New team manager or parent? Click “Create a new Bonzi Account” tab and create an account.
- It is common for coaches to have been scanned by multiple organizations. Organizations are not allowed to share your data between agencies. You must be scanned specifically for CalNorth (ORI Code AE689).
- Once you have completed the livescan process, be sure to submit a copy of the completed livescan form to email@example.com or mail/drop off to our office: San Francisco Youth Soccer, 1434 Taraval, San Francisco, CA 94116
- The following are included as Electronic Legal Agreements (ELAs) as part of online registration.
- If you require technical assistance, call Affinity at 877-700-1470
HEAD & ASSISTANT COACHES
This person will have permission to accept players, authorize transfers and drops, manage rosters from the back end. While a person may assistant coach multiple teams, s/he may only be Head Coach on two teams.
The following non-rostered Team Volunteers do NOT require background clearance or registration in the US Soccer Connect system (unless they are also one of the team staff listed above), but are required for each team to participate in SF Youth Soccer leagues:
TEAM VOTING REPRESENTATIVE (SFYS Teams Only)
This person must be a parent or guardian of a player on the team. The representative must not be compensated by this team or any other soccer organization and may be the designated representative for this team only.
- The Team Manager or one of the Coaches may also be the Team Voting representative, if they are also a parent on the team and not compensated for their role.
All Teams must provide at least one volunteer adult who serves as a Specially Trained Assistant Referee (STAR).
- All Teams must provide one volunteer adult to serves as an assistant referee to help at each game.
- The designated Team STAR must be trained as an Assistant Referee. Once trained, that person may train other parents on the team to rotate the role.
- The Team STAR does not need to be the same person for each match - the role can be rotated, so long as the STAR on site is versed on the rules of play and the sideline/spectator code of conduct.