Battlebots 2019 Scoring Breakdown
- 5 points for popping each balloon on a robot on the opposing alliance
- 3 points for popping a corner balloon owned by the opposing alliance
- 5 points are awarded at the end of the match to alliances that have all four robot balloons intact
- 2 additional points are added if both corner balloons are also intact
- Pinning is defined as preventing an opposing robot from moving and it has no way to escape.
- Pinning is not permitted for longer than 15 seconds.
- Pinning longer than 15 seconds will incur in a penalty of 10 points
- Once one “pin” has been called on a robot, the pinning timer resets and the robot can be charged with pinning again
- Robots must clear each other by one foot for pinning to be cleared