Rules for Dogs
- Owners must provide proof of current Bordetella, Distemper/Parvo, Rabies, and Canine Influenza vaccines, and proof of a negative fecal test which is to include giardia screening, completed within the last 12 months.
- Unless under the age of 10 months all dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- No dogs in heat are allowed in the park (even if they are under 10 months of age).
- Dogs must be in good health. If your dog is not feeling well or has had diarrhea or has vomited in the last 24 hours, please keep them at home. If your dog has an unusual cough, please keep them at home until it is determined he is not contagious.
- For safety purposes please remove metal prong collars, starmark collars, martingale collars, and slip chains while dogs are playing in the park.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all guests, your dog must display appropriate and safe behavior as determined by our barktenders. Dogs may be given a time-out or be asked to leave at any time for inappropriate or unsafe behavior. Inappropriate or unsafe behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive behavior
- Excessive mounting
- Resource guarding
- Unless you are moving your dog to a different area, are leaving the park, or have been asked to give your pup a short “leash break” by our barktenders, your dog should remain off leash at all times.
- Dog treats are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs play with their mouths and bodies, but if at any point play escalates beyond the comfort level of either dog you must intervene and redirect your dog to a new activity.
Rules for Adults
We work hard to create a safe, friendly atmosphere for humans. We know public dog parks can get heated, and we want to avoid unruly or inappropriate behavior at our park either toward other guests or their dogs. Any behavior unsuited to our park may be cause for exclusion.
- You must be 21 or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Valid ID is required and may be requested at any time.
- Smoking or vaping is not allowed in the dog park.
- Please make a Barktender aware if you need to excuse yourself for a smoke or bathroom break. We will assist you in monitoring your dog while you are away.
- Dogs and children must be closely supervised at all times. It is your responsibility to ensure that both are behaving appropriately at all times.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the park has updated records of your dog’s health requirements.
- Be respectful of other dog owners and Barktenders.
- Outside food or beverages other than water are not permitted in the park.
- If you observe another guest’s dog behaving inappropriately please ask a Barktender for help. Do not take matters into your own hands.
- Consume alcohol responsibly. If you are observed to be obviously intoxicated you may be asked to leave the park.
Rules for Kids
We want The Local Bark Park to be a fun place for the whole family and we understand that not all your kids have fur. Your children are the dog owners of the future so we are happy to invite them to join us in our off leash dog park. In order to make the park a fun and safe environment for dogs and kids alike, we ask that all kids and parents follow the rules listed below.
- Children must be at least 10 years or older to enter the park.
- Children age 10-16 must be accompanied by an adult and closely supervised at all times.
- Children must always ask fellow dog owners for permission before petting or approaching their dog.
- The play structures are for the dogs only. Please keep children from climbing/playing on dog play equipment.
- Children may not dig or play in the sand pit, other than to bury a toy for a dog.
- Children should not run or chase dogs in the park.
- Children should not taunt or tease dogs in the park.