State Support Team Educational Consultant
Specializing in Special Education Service Delivery
CONTRACT LENGTH: 204-224 days/school year (negotiable)
State Support Team - Region 8 seeks a full-time team member who will train and coach district personnel towards effective approaches for special education service delivery, including inclusive instructional practices, multi-tiered systems of support, and compliance with state and federal regulations.
PRIMARY POSITION DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Providing professional development, coaching, and technical assistance on research-based instructional strategies, special education service delivery models, specially designed instruction for students with disabilities, educational equity, culturally relevant instruction, disproportionality in special education, and other topics related to closing student achievement gaps;
- Providing implementation strategies and follow-up support to educational teams related to multi-tiered systems of support, including Response to Intervention (RTI) and/or Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS),
- Providing professional development, coaching, and technical assistance on implementation of IDEA (ETR, IEP, Internal Monitoring, Indicator Review)
- Collecting and documenting evidence of implementation and impact of work with districts and buildings according to processes outlined by the Ohio Department of Education, and
- Assisting in documenting the work of the State Support Team and analyzing district/regional data to determine ongoing support needs.
(Qualifications, salary, and application information on next page)
- A master’s degree in the area for which an employee has primary responsibility (i.e., education, special education, early childhood education, education administration or appropriate related field or evidence of equivalency);
- Three to five years of successful classroom teaching, school improvement planning, special education administration or related experience;
- Expertise and/or significant leadership experience in several of the following areas:
- Specially designed instruction and provision of free appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment (special education,
- Supporting district/building/teacher teams in data-based decision-making and instructional planning for students with disabilities,
- Evidence-based processes and instructional practices, including development and systemic implementation of multi-tiered systems of academic and behavior supports,
- Supporting and monitoring IDEA compliance,
- Early childhood education, preschool special education, early education preschool to grade 3, or other early childhood settings such as Head Start or community based childcare,
- Coaching and consultation skills;,
- Implementation and monitoring of improvement effort, and
- Delivery of high quality professional learning and technical assistance.
- Valid Ohio teaching license and/or administrative license.
- Experience as administrator at district or building level.
- Experience developing and providing professional development, coaching, and technical assistance for adult learners.
SALARY: Salary schedule placement commensurate with experience and training.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: July 20, 2021
TO APPLY: http://www.applitrack.com/cybersummit/onlineapp/
State Support Team Region 8 is a department of the Summit Educational Service Center, an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMLA regulations require all employers to post the updated FMLA notice.