MUSIC INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (MID) PROGRAM
NEW BRUNSWICK | 2022-2023
MARKETING APPLICATION GUIDE
This Application Guide includes all questions found in the Application Form and tips for a better application. It is for your personal use and should not be submitted with your application. For further information on submitting an application, see the MID Program GUIDELINES or contact the MID Program Officer.
READ BEFORE CONTINUING
✭ Read MID Program GUIDELINES carefully for important information about the criteria and conditions of the Program. These guidelines will help completing the application correctly, ensuring that your application for financial investment is not disqualified.
- A detailed proposal, including key objectives, expected outcomes, timelines and milestones;
- Quotes from all service providers;
- CVs or biographies of all relevant team members;
- Project Budget with specific expenses and revenues;
- Any other information relevant to your project.
- Artist or Group Name
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Biography and career highlights
- Website, social media and streaming links
- Team (management, pr, producer, etc)
- Upload recent picture
- Project Title
- Type of project (select from the options below)
- Marketing of Sound Recording project funded by the MID program (expenses must be incurred within 18 months from the recording’s release date)
- Marketing of Sound Recording project not funded by the MID program (expenses must be incurred within 18 months from the recording’s release date)
- Development of a marketing plan
- Video production
- Online advertising campaign
- Website development
- Publicity and marketing consulting fees
- Professional photography
- Branding and design
- Printing costs (posters, flyers, business cards. Does not include merchandise or CDs)
- Radio tracking
- Other (please specify)
- Project Start Date
- Project End Date
- Projects must take place between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023. Only expenses incurred between these dates will be eligible for MID funding.
- Provide a detailed narrative proposal including key objectives, expected outcomes, target markets, timelines and milestones.
- Tip: For example, give details on ad campaigns or strategies to promote an upcoming video or single. List publications (e.g. newspapers, magazines, blogs) you plan on targeting. Provide information regarding the song(s) to be featured on radio. Include details about your target audience. Elaborate on the type of radio/TV initiatives (radio tours/interviews/per- formances/advertisement) and/or use of social media networks to promote your project (e.g. ads, frequent posts, contests, etc.) Detail your online marketing and promotional initiatives. Highlight the type of advertisement and social network. List any tools you plan on using to promote the project (e.g. posters, flyers, postcards, stickers, buttons, street team, etc.) If you are creating a video, explain where you plan to air the video (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) and detail the anticipated exposure, frequency, reach and impact.
- How will you measure the success of the project?
- Tip: List your goals and how you will know you’ve achieved them. This can be the number of new fans on your social media networks, how many views your song or video gets, getting mentions or reviews in certain publications, having your songs played on certain radio stations, etc. Be specific. If you say you would like to “increase the number of fans on your social media networks”, tell us how many fans you currently have and on what platforms, and how many you would like to have at the end of the project. Numbers and statistics are a great asset to the application! This is also a good way to evaluate the success of your project.
- List everyone involved in the project (team members and significant service providers) and their roles.
- Upload CVs or bios of team members listed above. (.pdf preferred)
- If applicable, provide a Video Synopsis (song title, video description, shooting schedule and any other pertinent information).
- If applicable, upload a MP3 of the song.
PROJECT EXPENSES (covered at 75%)
- Consultant Fees
- Ads & Publicity
- Publicist Fees
- Video Production
- Website Development
- Radio Tracking
- Other (specify)
- Upload quotes from all service providers (producer, recording studio, mixing, publicist, etc.) and any other supporting documentation for the budget.
PROJECT EXPENSES (covered at 25%)
=> For expenses done in-house by a band member or the artist only.
The party providing the service must be in the business of, professionally employed to provide such services. Proof may be required.
- Expenses (please specify)
- MID Investment (to be reviewed by the Program Officer)
- The maximum eligible amount is automatically calculated and inserted here.
- If you would like to request an MID Investment LOWER than the one quoted above, please indicate the requested amount and the MID Program Officer will adjust your budget accordingly.
- Did you // Will you apply to:
- FACTOR or Musicaction
- If YES: Amount Requested
- Arts NB : Amount Requested
- How much are you personally investing in this project that is not from public funds?
- Other revenue
THE BUDGET BALANCE MUST BE $0.00. ADJUST YOUR BUDGET EXPENSES AND/OR REVENUE TO CONTINUE.
STATEMENT AND DECLARATION
- I attest that the information about the Applicant is complete and up-to-date.
- I attest that the Applicant is based in New Brunswick, that I have signing authority for the above-named Applicant, and that, to the best of my knowledge, the information provided in this application is accurate.