Schools Plus Committee Roles 2018/19
Schools Plus Cambridge is a student-run initiative that offers free tutorial and free extra-curricular activities to disadvantaged children in the Cambridge area. Join the Schools Plus Committee to help guide forward this project to tackle educational disadvantage in Cambridge!
Here follow descriptions of the Committee Roles that we are recruiting for in 2018/19. However, this is a fairly flexible structure and many responsibilities will be shared between Committee Members and supported by Cambridge Hub staff. It is expected that Committee Members will also act as Project Coordinators, communicating between schools and tutors and managing volunteers for a Schools Plus project. Get in touch at email@example.com for more information, or if you’d like to get involved with the Schools Plus Committee in a role not listed below.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Committee functions effectively
- Organises and chairs Committee meetings
- Works with Cambridge Hub staff and rest of Committee to ensure Schools Plus is supported, as well as contributing to future direction of Schools Plus’ work.
- Working closely with the rest of the Committee towards recruitment, selection and training of volunteers
- Support to Project Coordinators
- Fundraising (as needed)
- Publicises Schools Plus projects to members of the University via departments, colleges, societies and social media to recruit volunteers.
- Assigning College and Faculty representatives to help with recruitment
- Responsible for Schools Plus’ social media presence to recruit volunteers, publicise Schools Plus projects and events and raise awareness of educational equality issues.
- Creation and distribution of Schools Plus newsletter to share Schools Plus news and events, ‘tips for tutoring’ and discussion of issues in educational equality.
- Produces publicity materials such as posters and infographics for Schools Plus
Events and Fundraising Officer
- Organises volunteer socials
- Organises panel discussions, speaker series, talks to raise awareness of educational issues
- Leading fundraising initiatives to raise money for Schools Plus activities
- Minute-taking at weekly committee meetings
- Creates and manages spreadsheets of tutors, post-session reports, DBS checks etc.
- Website management
Other Committee Members
- Assistance in recruitment of volunteers, publicity and fundraising as required.
- Input into new Schools Plus projects and evaluation and appraisal of existing projects.
- Communication between volunteers, the Committee and Cambridge Hub
- Possibility of taking responsibility for specific Schools Plus projects, for example through coordinating English as Another Language, Early Years Literacy or Women in STEM programmes - get in touch to discuss further!
To apply for any of these roles, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph detailing your motivation, experience and relevant skills and we’ll be in touch!