Pigmice Robotics Checkout List & Safety Guidelines
Team Duties at End of Each Work Session
- Clear work tables, return tools to storage
- Sweep up metal & wood debris
- Roll away machinery
- Lock and roll away tool chests
- Turn off and cover computers
- Place trash cans near door for custodian
- Check to make sure everything that belongs to Mr. Barnes is put away
- Thank the supervisor/mentors
- Make sure the following are done by a student, mentor, or supervisor:
- Turn off all light switches
- Close the gate/door upstairs
- Close parking lot door
- Close hall closet door, check it is locked
- Close classroom door, check it is locked
- Supervisor is the last person out the door
KEY SAFETY GUIDELINES during a worksession
- Safety is the first priority. Watch for your safety and the safety of others.
- Everyone wears safety glasses near power tools, machines or anything that could break, such as prying off parts, disassembly, soldering, working on the robot, practicing driving the robot or assisting the drive team with practice.
- No loose hair, jewelry or garments when using power tools. Closed-toe shoes only. No headphone or phone use when using power tools.
- Alert the supervisor when you: 1) start to use any of the machinery in the finishing room, 2) use the cold saw. The supervisor must be in the room when power tools or powered machineries are being used.
- Lock the wheels on any portable machinery like the cold saw cart or horizontal bandsaw.
- Lift or move heavy items or machines with a partner - plan first, then move.
- Team members generally stay in the woodshop or upstairs and do not roam hallways. This is particularly important during evening worksessions. If team members leave for errands or food, please alert the supervisor.
- Remember the rule of 2: at a minimum at all times we need 2 students & an adult present, or 2 adults & a student. No adult should be alone with a student who is not their child.
Mr Barnes is our host. Our address is SE 28th and Powell, between Franklin and Powell. School address is 3400 SE 26th Ave, 97202. Our CUB permit is 380323. The night custodial team’s cell is 971-712-3322 but they often do not get signal if they are inside the building. If there is a true emergency, evacuate the building if required, call 911 and then call Facility Services emergency phone 503-730-9682. If you have a question, you can reach Co-coaches JJ Heldmann (503-490-8220) or Seth Wright (917-428-0142)