ADC-IARPC Vocabularies and Semantics Working Group


h

Meeting Agenda & Minutes

When

2018-11-20 17:00 UTC

Where

Time: Feb 20, 2018 11:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

    Every month on the Third Tue, 7 occurrence(s)

    Apr 17, 2018 11:00 AM

    May 15, 2018 11:00 AM

    Jun 19, 2018 11:00 AM

    Jul 17, 2018 11:00 AM

    Aug 21, 2018 11:00 AM

    Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.

    Monthly: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/meeting/105236636/ics?icsToken=8a84e892514ea380d1627217fcaa54543a5691e3417a22c8090d6c00f6d11c2e

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/105236636

Or iPhone one-tap :

    US: +16465588656,,105236636#  or +16699006833,,105236636#

Or Telephone:

    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

        US: +1 646 558 8656  or +1 669 900 6833

    Meeting ID: 105 236 636

    International numbers available: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=umAiSa7Y4hx-K37gCihbbXdYBrIdZfS9

Or an H.323/SIP room system:

    H.323:

        162.255.37.11 (US West)

        162.255.36.11 (US East)

        221.122.88.195 (China)

        115.114.131.7 (India)

        213.19.144.110 (EMEA)

        202.177.207.158 (Australia)

        209.9.211.110 (Hong Kong)

        64.211.144.160 (Brazil)

        69.174.57.160 (Canada)

    Meeting ID: 105 236 636

    SIP: 105236636@zoomcrc.com

Preliminary agenda (and minutes)

  1. Round table (who is attending)
  1. Ruth, Peter, Øystein, Shannon, Pier Luigi, SiriJodha
  2. Discussion on the reduced participation and potential reasons for this.
  3. Agreed to raise this issue during PDAWG.
  1. Adoption of agenda
  1. Shifted agenda to get the presentation from Pier Luigi due to travelling.
  2. Adopted following this.
  1. Review of minutes of previous meeting
  1. 2018-10-16
  1. Approved, will be published.
  1. Status of responses to the Polar Vocabularies questionnaire
  1. During the last meeting a number of updates on the guidance information were identified. Continue discussion on the revised form.
  1. Action from last meeting: Ruth to update the form.
  2. Ruth has updated the form.
  1. Discussion on the next steps. The ambition is to announce and push this during PDAWG.
  1. Presentation by Pier Luigi Buttigieg on ENVO
  1. Live demonstration of the ENVO tool working on Thermokarst
  2. The basic principles to first add term then discuss.
  3. Linked with version control, issue tracking etc in GitHub.
  4. Can create subsets.
  1. Initial discussion on the outcome of discussions on semantics at the Polar Data Planning Summit
  1. Continue discussion in more depth
  2. Postponed until next meeting due to time constraints.
  1. Awareness updates (roundtable)
  1. Ruth informed on the upcoming semantics workshop at the upcoming ESIP meeting as well as the work happening with schema.org vocabularies in ESIP and EarthCube
  2. SiriJodha informed on the work by YOPP validation team on vocabularies for variables. Missing linkages to CF standard names. Disconnection between what is observed and what is simulated although same concepts might be used.
  1. Next meeting
  1. Agreed to do the third Tuesday of the month, at 17:00 UTC.
  2. Next meeting will be (tentatively) 2018-12-18 at 17:00 UTC.