The goal of API Fortress is to create a platform that facilitates the process of testing and monitoring web services.
Please read this policy and send questions, concerns, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Important information.
- Children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use API Fortress.
- This and all policies may be updated occasionally. When there are significant changes we will inform you through either a site notification or email. As stated, any objections to any policies should be handled by informing us and/or discontinuing use of the site. To close your account please email us at email@example.com.
- Personal Information Upkeep. You have the right to update information you supplied to API Fortress. With that said, API Fortress may keep a copy of your original information in our archives for business purposes.
- Using the Site. We receive information when you interact with and use the API Fortress Service or any derived technologies.
- Invitations. In order to invite others to API Fortress you should email your API Fortress representative, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or invite them through the platform itself.
- Web Communication Standards. Web communication standards provide API Fortress with information such the URL of your previous site, the site you are visiting when you leave the service, the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your device or proxy server, the operating system, the browser type, and your ISP/mobile carrier. API Fortress may also receive location data from third-party services, or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled.
- Third-party Analytics. API Fortress uses third-party web beacons and analytics. These networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies. API Fortress does not provide personally identifiable information to third-party networks.
3. Personal Information Usage
- Information Sharing. API Fortress does not sell or provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share personal information not published to your profile without your explicit consent unless disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to – comply with legal process such as civil or criminal subpoenas and court orders, enforce this Agreement, respond to violation claim reports, customer service inquiries, or protect the rights and personal safety of API Fortress users. We may share aggregate information with others as necessary to provide the Service, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations.
- Successors in Interest. API Fortress may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as a potential successor in interest including, but not limited to, as part of a sale of the assets, or as the result of a change in control of API Fortress. Any third party to which API Fortress transfers or sells API Fortress assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
4. Your Account. Changing Account Information – You can review and edit any information provided to API Fortress at any time by logging in and visiting your account. Please be aware that even after a change is processed, the old information may reside in a backup or archived copy of our database.
- Closing Your Account – You can close your API Fortress account by emailing us at email@example.com. If you close your account we are not obligated to retain your information. We may retain certain data you have contributed if API Fortress believes it is necessary to prevent fraud or for legitimate business purposes. API Fortress has no liability in the retention or deletion of information. Also, API Fortress does not control search engines and their caching practices in regards to any information.
- Policy Regarding Deceased Users – If we learn that a user is deceased we may memorialize the user’s account. In these cases we may restrict access and close an account if we receive a formal request from next of kin.
- Failure of Payment – If a customer has failed to pay for their account in the timely manner set about in the applicable contract or agreement, API Fortress may suspend or close the account as it sees fit.
5. Your Role. You have certain obligations to the service and its users. Some obligations are imposed by law, and some are standard in such Internet communities. Any violation of these guidelines may lead to suspension or termination of your account and access to API Fortress.
- Do not post information or tests that may be deemed to be untrue, injurious, violent, offensive, racist, xenophobic, detrimental to another person or company, or which may otherwise violate API Fortress.
- Keep your login information confidential.
6. Security. Personal information and access to your data on API Fortress is protected by appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative measures including, but not limited to SSL encryption. With that said it must be noted that the Internet is not a 100% secure environment. We cannot absolutely ensure the security of all information transmitted to the site. It is the user’s obligation to protect their login information.
- We collect and act as the “Controller” with respect to the PII that you provide us through our online and cloud-based Services. We do not collect , and cannot access, your information from your use of our on-premises Services.
- API Fortress collects names and emails from its users. If you are uncomfortable sharing those please feel free to try our on-premises version. As API Fortress is a testing platform, you are in charge of choosing what information to upload and write, and we strongly suggest using fake test data and not real personal information.
- You are not required to provide any personal data to us, but if you do not provide any personal data to there may be certain features of our Services that do not work for you.
- Unless you request that we delete it earlier, API Fortress Cloud stores information for as long as Services continue. If you wish to terminate Services, please close your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- Legal Basis. Most commonly, we will use your PII under the following legal bases:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, as described in this policy, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- You can use our Services without consenting to cookies that are not strictly necessary.
- Data Subject Rights. If you are a Data Subject, as defined under the GDPR, you have certain rights. These are:
- The right to be informed. This is your right to be informed about what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access. This is your right to see what data about you is held by us.
- The right to rectification. This is the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure. This is the right to have your personal data to be deleted in the event that such data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, your consent for the processing of the data is withdrawn, or the data is being unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing. This is the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of your personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability. This is the right to ask for your personal data to be provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object. This is the right to object to further processing your personal data if such processing is inconsistent with the primary purposes for which it was collected.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. This is the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. The Service does not engage in automated decision making and profiling.
- If you wish to exercise, or find out more about, one or more of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com, or our Data Privacy Officer, Patrick Poulin, having a mailing address of API Fortress, 1412 Broadway, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10018.
8. California Privacy Rights
9. Our Policy Towards Children
- Our Site, products, and Services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old.
- We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the GDPR, USA Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting personal information from minors. Please see the FTC's website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. If you have concerns about this Site, wish to find out if your child has accessed our services, or wish to remove your child's personal information from our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Site will not knowingly accept personal information from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with the COPPA. If you believe that your child under 13 has gained access to our Site without your permission, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Contact Us
- All questions and comments about this or any of our policies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: February 13, 2020