SNOW MAKE UP DAYS
There will be school on May 30 and 31.
Thurs., 5/16 - JH softball at 2:55
Fri., 5/17 - JV baseball at 2:10
01. Lunch today: Hot Ham & cheese, baked beans, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Mini donuts, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Hamburger gravy on mashed potatoes, fruit, dinner roll, milk.
ATTENTION: 7th & 8th graders are to be in the gym and then the lunchroom and stay in the lunchroom after eating. Even if you do not eat school lunch, you need to be in the lunchroom. This is because closer supervision is required.
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Wed., 5/15 - Medal of Honor, auditorium, 8:25-9:15, for all students. This will be followed by class meetings for ½ hour to plan for Charger Olympics.
After Medal of Honor, seniors will go to the Home Ec room to have a short class meeting about transcripts while the other grades are planning their Charger Olympics Events for the last day of school.
Tues., 5/21 - Dynamic Reading, P3a
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Class dues are $7 - These students MUST pay before graduation.
Brittany E., Spencer L., Ethan P., Gracie W.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
07. New Books in the Media Center
08. If you are interested in doing University on the Prairie (AN AWESOME Experience) please See Mr. Barron.
09. Khyle Radke Summer Strength/Speed & Agility program…... MWF, 9-10:30, June 3rd - Aug. 9th at the Westbrook Gym
Cost is $75 per athlete, $50 for 2nd sibling, $25 for 3rd.
Sign up with Mr. Theisen by May 20th
10. On Fri., 5/17, Outdoor Life class will be doing their camping experience and will be gone all day.
Spencer L., Ethan P., Gracie W., Skyler S., Matthew B., Marshall S., Wyatt C.
11. Spring Sports
12. Robotics will be going to their state competition on May 17. There are goodie bags in the HS office if you’d like to send a little something with them.
They will be gone all day on Fri., 5/17 - Houa Y., Joel B., TJ X., Jonathan K., Colton C., Anna L., Kaleb C., Mason B.
We will have a send-off for the robotics team as they head up to state competition this Friday. We will gather in the gym after the 10:05 (end of period 2) bell rings and head back to class directly after the pep fest is over.
Freshmen will clean our portion of hwy 30 on Thurs., 5/23. You’ll leave right after lunch and will be back in time for P6 class and frozen treats. Wear closed toe shoes and bring gloves if you have them.
14. There will be a Parent Meeting for Driver's Education on May 21 from 7:00 until 8:30 in Mr. Merrick's room.
Information will be given out for class time, BTW, and other issues.
Parents that attend are credited with 10 hours of driving.
If you have any questions, Please contact Mr Lee or Mr Merrick
Students must be 14 to take class,15 to take test and get permit, 16 to get license.
15. The greenhouse opened April 29th. Please do not park in front of the greenhouse, so that customers will have access to it.
16. On Wednesday, May 15 at 7:00pm the music department will have a short recital for those students who performed at solo and ensembles. It will be in the auditorium.
17. If you were in the Spring Play and would like a DVD copy for $5, please see Mrs. Kletscher.
18. All Library books were due May 14. If this is a problem, make special arrangements with Mrs. Olson.
19. The WWG Athletic Awards Banquet will be held on Friday, May 17 at the Westbrook Community Center at 7:00pm.
The Westbrook Kiwanis sponsor this event and will be serving Pork Burgers, Beans, Chips, Bars and a Beverage.
There is no cost. All students who participated in athletics are encouraged to attend. Please sign up with Mr. Theisen by May 13 if you and your parents plan to attend so the Kiwanis can order the correct amount of food.
20. NEW DRIVERS
Please remember that Karen issues the blue cards you need in order to take your written drivers’ test. She also issues the white cards you get once you’ve completed your behind the wheel training. She WILL NOT come in on days off this summer to get your card for you. She doesn’t work Friday’s and only Mondays for the month of July. Plan accordingly. (You MUST be 15 in order to get your blue card.)
22. Any student in grades 7-11 who wishes to be in student council next year should pick up an application from Mrs. Dibble, fill it out, and return it to her by Friday 5/17. If more than 3 people in a grade apply, the class will vote for the top 3 during the class meetings next week.
23. Human Geography class will be on a field trip all day on Wed., 5/15. Camryn B., Joel B., Madison D., Kate J., Halle S., Victoria G., Michaela S., Kayla R., Kalub Y.
24. The following students will be gone Monday May 20th to state Envirothon:
Ethan S, Mia K, Sammy W, Anna L, and Houa Y.
25. The Test Reward Trip will be on Mon., 5/20. More details when they come in.
26. 6th grade orientation will be on Fri., 5/24 from noon to 3:05. Please make them feel welcome.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Faculty meeting on Mon., 5/20 at 7:45 AM in Ms. Sandbulte’s room.
Mon., 5/20 - School board at Westbrook, 7:00 PM.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 5/16 - JH Bab, TMB at Lamb., 4:30. Bus leaves WB at 3:15.
JH SB at Tracy, 4:30. Van leaves WB at 3:05.
TR at Slayton, 4:00. Bus leaves WB 3:00.
GF, Wabasso at WB, 4:30.
Fri., 5/17 - Bab (V) at Tracy, 4:30.
Bab, JV at Milroy, 4:00. Ride leaves WB at 2:20.
Athletic Banquet, 7:00 PM.
Sat., 5/18 - JH Bab tourney at Lamb., 9:00 AM.
JH SB tourney at Windom, 9:00 AM. Van leaves WB at 7:20 AM.
Mon., 5/20 - FFA Awards program, 7:00 PM.
Tues., 5/21 - Bab, MACCRAY at Lamb., 4:30.
Wed., 5/22 - GF Sections at Worthington, 9:00 AM
Thurs., 5/23 - TR subsection east at Redwood Falls, 3:30.
Sat., 5/25 - Bab Sections.