Call for applicants
Important Dates related to this position
- Applications Open: April 13 - April 23
- Finalist Interviews: Week of April 25
- Decision: May 1
- Position Dates: May 15 - June 29
In addition to monetary compensation, this temporary position also includes travel, housing, food and registration at UUA General Assembly 2018 in Kansas City, MO
- 3-5 hours per week May 15 - June 1
- 7-10 hours per week June 1 - June 25
- 40+ Hours onsite June 25 - June 29
We are looking for an enthusiastic Black UU to serve as Coordinator for the BLUU GA 2018 Healing Space in Kansas City, MO. Position will include logistics management of the Healing Space, coordination of Healing Space programming and serving as front facing contact for those using the Healing Space during General Assembly.
Black Lives of UU Community Organizer Paige Ingram
- Coordinate with the General Assembly and Conference Services office the audio/visual needs inside the Healing Space
- Determine material needs for the Healing Space & coordinate procurement with the BLUU OC
- Manage the schedule inside the Healing Space, ensuring programming occurs as planned
- Plan & procure food and beverages for the Healing Space
- Plan the annual BLUU Healing Space Welcome Party - including food, beverages, room set-up, music & invitations.
- Communicate with those hosting events in the Healing Space to ensure they know when and where they are supposed to be and that they have what they need for a successful event
- Run Tech for BLUU GA 2018 worship
- Coordinate and train volunteers
- Host the BLUU GA Online Webinar (before GA)
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, equipment, etc.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems in the Healing Space during General Assembly
- Experience as an events planner or organizer
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Healing Space Coordinator will talk to attendees, listening to their needs and present ideas and solutions to their requirements.
- They also work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Many things can go wrong during an event, and something eventually will. The Healing Space Coordinator must remain calm during crisis and the high pressure of an event in progress.
- Social Media savvy
- Familiarity with Zoom, Livestream, Mevo, Facebook, Twitter & Google Drive
- Many things happen all at once at meetings. Healing Space Coordinator must be able to stay focused and organized so that the event goes off without a hitch.
- Inevitably, something will go wrong at an event. Being able to quickly solve the issue is required.
Complete the online application: BlackLivesUU.com/apply
Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism
UUA GA 2018 Healing Space Coordinator Position - Page