CONTENT ASSIGNMENT AND IMAGE WAIVER AGREEMENT
The following constitutes an Agreement effective from the date (“Acceptance Date”) on which you submitted the Content (as defined below) and, through such submission, accepted the terms of this Agreement. These terms and conditions govern the contractual relationship between reebee Inc of 305 King St. West, Suite 902, Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 1B9 (“reebee”) and you (“you”) in relation to the grant of rights being provided by you in relation to the Content.
- You are uploading and/or submitting certain text, visual or audio-visual content to reebee (the “Content”) and by uploading and/or submitting the Content to reebee, you are granting reebee a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted license to use, exhibit, distribute, sub-license, reproduce, edit modify, publish, or otherwise exploit the Content for any purpose in any manner and without any limitations. You agree that the above rights include the right to use, exhibit, distribute, sub-license, reproduce, edit modify, publish, or otherwise exploit (without limitation or restriction) your name, voice, likeness, appearance and performances or other details about you to the extent contained in or associated with the Content. You further confirm that you have procured any and all such rights from any third parties in order for the foregoing to apply to any persons or subjects featured in the Content.
- You warrant and undertake to reebee that: (a) you have the full right to enter into this Agreement and grant the rights in and to the Content and all information provided by you to reebee is true, accurate and not misleading; (b) you are the full and legal owner of all rights (including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights) in and to the Content; (c) all individuals featured in the Content have provided full consent to their inclusion in the Content and you have obtained all required consents, permissions and image/appearance releases from any individuals, groups, parties or locations, so that you are able to grant the rights granted herein, including (but not limited to) our right use, exhibit, distribute, sub-license, reproduce, edit modify, publish, or otherwise exploit (without limitation or restriction) such persons’ names, voices, likenesses, appearance and performances contained in the Content; (e) nothing in the Content, nor its use or exploitation by reebee will violate the rights or interests of any party (including but not limited to, rights of privacy or image rights).
- By submitting the Content to us and granting the rights of such Content to reebee in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein, you shall become entitled to receive a one-off fee of a CAD$250 gift card to a retailer of reebee’s choosing (the “Fee”) if reebee publicly displays all or part of the Content (whether through it marketing materials, promotional presentations, its website or otherwise). Should the Fee become payable, reebee shall notify you via email, and ask you to provide you details of where to send the Fee; and the Fee shall then be paid to you within thirty (30) days following reebee’s receipt of such payment details from you. You shall provide reebee with the requested payment details within ninety (90) days, failing which the Fee shall no longer be payable. reebee shall not be liable for any late payment, should such late payment be due to your delay or failure to supply us with the required payment form. You understand and agree that the Fee under this Agreement includes a buy-out of any image rights, performance fees or union fees or residuals, which may otherwise be payable.
- This Agreement constitutes and sets out the entire agreement between the parties at the date hereof relating to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario law and the parties hereby agree that the courts of Ontario shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement