- These Terms
These are our terms and conditions on which supply our Services to you as a Customer.
Please read these Terms carefully before you submit your booking to The Van And Man/ GreenVan. These Terms include, but are not limited to, explaining who The Van And Man’s Services, the Services provided by the Transporters we represent, the contract between you and The Van And Man and the contract between you and the Transporters we represent.
- Who We Are
We are Great Journey Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at Palladium House, 1-4 Argyll Street, London, W1F 7LD, UK.
- Booking With A Sales Agent: The call / chat carried out by customers with representatives or employees of the Van And Man to be put in touch with an appropriate Transporter
- Comprehensive Inventory List: a full and complete list of all items and inventory to be transported by Us or the Transporters we represent.
- Contract: once We have accepted your Booking With A Sales Agent provided you with a Price from The Van And Man and you have confirmed that you wish to proceed with the Price calculated, a Contract is created.
- Customer: you are a Customer if you are an individual and you are entering into an agreement for the provision of the Services.
- Urgent Booking: a Booking made with less than 48 hours’ notice.
- Price or Price of The Van And Man: The Price calculated by the Sales Agents together with any agreed amendments, or additional charges as calculated according to the details provided at the time.
- Wait Time: Any Time spent by the Transporter not engaged in moving / transferring / transporting goods, or any other actions for which purpose the services were sought.
- The Van And Man’s Price Calculation
- On contacting our Sales Agents, you will be requested for the details of the Services you require, and the specifications regarding the goods to be moved.
- Sales Agents of The Van And Man will supply you with the estimated price, calculated on the basis of the details provided by you, including pick up and drop off points, estimated size, weight, and volume of the goods, and the type of Van or Vehicle required.
- The calculated Price of The Van And Man will generally shall reflect the information provided by you when completing the Booking With A Sales Agent. The Price of The Van And Man may vary depending upon when they are requested and the desired completion date.
- The Van And Man will accept amendments up to 48 hours prior to the date that Services are required. However, you may incur additional charges in relation to such changes.
- If on arrival at the address provided by you, the Transporter cannot gain access to the premises and you are uncontactable by telephone (using the number provided by you during the Booking With A Sales Agent), the Transporter shall be entitled at its discretion to cease provision of the Services and/or cancel the Services if you cannot be reached and access gained within the Wait Time. In this case, any sums due to The Van And Man for Services that you have not yet paid for shall become immediately due and payable.
- For any amendments made less than 48 hours prior to the date that Services are required where We are able to accommodate these changes, you will incur additional charges.
- Additional charges may apply if the Services required and subsequently booked differ upon the arrival of the Transporter.
- If the Services required are materially different to those in specified to the Sales Agents while completing the Booking With A Sales Agent, the Transporters shall have the right to terminate the Contract.
- Any additional charges incurred by you under these Terms if not already paid for by You shall be due and payable 5 days from the date that the Services were provided.
- If you have any questions or wish to discuss any of the additional charges referred to in this clause, please contact our Customer Care Team.
- Contact Details and Information
You can contact Our Customer Care Team by:
telephone: +44 20 8068-9239
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone, or in writing to the email that will be asked of you when making the Booking With A Sales Agent or by text message to the mobile number provided when making the Booking With A Sales Agent.
- Parties to this Contract
- In this transaction, The Van And Man are acting as a disclosed agent for The Transporters. This means that we are not the principal and that by entering into the contract with us, you do so on the basis that you are aware that we are acting as agent for one of The Transporters who will be carrying out the Services for you. The Van And Man are entitled and authorised by The Transporters to enter into this Contract with you on their behalf and to arrange the Services as an agent. This Contract governs your relationship with The Van And Man and also with the Transporters.
- We will introduce you to the Transporters we represent to try and enable you get the best Price and Services possible. By entering into these Terms you are acknowledging that you will enter into and be bound by the Terms.
- By accepting that The Van And Man is acting as agent for the Transporters and by entering into the Contract with The Van And Man this will create a contract between you and The Van And Man’s Transporter (Transporter Contract).
- The Transporter Contract is for the provision of Services as set out in these Terms and you acknowledge and accept that the Transporter Contract will be between you and the Transporter and that The Van And Man is not a party to the Transporter Contract other than as expressly provided in these Terms.
- You also accept that The Van And Man are simply accepting the Booking on your behalf and undertaking the Services, which they are expressly bound to provide under these Terms. The Van And Man will ensure that the Transporters we represent are also bound by the Terms that relate to them in the Contract.
- You also acknowledge and accept that The Van And Man does not provide transportation (moving) services and that we are simply acting as agent (and intermediary) between you and the Transporter.
- The Van And Man’s Discretion
If The Van And Man is unable to find a Transporter who will undertake the Services, or such Transporter decides not to accept your Booking With A Sales Agent, you will be notified as soon as possible in writing or by telephone. The Van And Man will use its reasonable endeavors to try and find another Transporter to undertake the Services on your behalf. Accepting your Booking With A Sales Agent is at The Van And Man’s and / or its Transporter’s discretion.
- Confirmation of Job And Assignment
Upon confirming your Booking With A Sales Agent, The Van And Man will assign and notify you of the Job Number allocated to your Booking. Please reference this number when contacting The Van And Man.
- Hourly Rate Jobs
- In addition to the other services We provide, The Van And Man also provide an Hourly Rate Service. This allows our customers to book Our Services on a time basis as set out below. This Clause only applies to Hourly Rate Jobs and will only bind customers who book Hourly Rate Service
- If you wish to book an Hourly Rate Service when completing the Booking With A Sales Agent you must provide a summary of the Services that you require, in sufficient detail to enable Us to undertake the Services.
- You must also provide us with additional information requested in the Booking With A Sales Agent and select the Hourly Rate Job option while Booking with our Sales Agents as indicated.
- You must indicate in the Booking With A Sales Agent to our Sales Agents your needs precisely and you must provide us with confirmation as to the size of vehicle that you require us to provide and whether you require an additional staff member (in addition to the driver).
- Once The Van And Man have received the Booking With A Sales Agent We will inform you of the calculated price for the Service. This will reflect the information provided by you when completing the Booking With A Sales Agent and the type of vehicle that you have requested (Hourly Rate Vehicle).
- Whilst The Van And Man shall endeavour to provide the Hourly Rate Vehicle you requested in your Booking With A Sales Agent, this may not be possible and you may be allocated a difference type of vehicle.
- If on arrival to undertake the Hourly Rate Service, the Services that you actually require are in Our and / or the opinion of the Transporters we represent opinion materially different to the information provided in the Booking With A Sales Agent then We reserve Our right to immediately terminate the Contract.
- In addition to the exclusions set out in these Terms if you book an Hourly Rate Job transport of the following are excluded:
- any vehicles.
- Rubbish removal
- If when undertaking the Hourly Rate Service on your behalf it takes longer than the time that you specified in the Booking With A Sales Agent, The Van And Man will email you as soon as possible with details of the additional charges you have incurred. Any additional fuel required beyond what is included within the original price calculated will be charged at £0.50 per mile and shall be payable by you.
- Such additional charges must be paid by you to The Van And Man within 5 days of notification by Us to you of such additional charges.
- By accepting the price proposed by our Sales Agents, You enter into a contract with Us, The Van And Man, the Transporters We represent and You thereby acknowledge that the Hourly Rate Service may take longer than the time specified in your Booking With A Sales Agent as a result of events outside of Our control, however the additional charges referred above still apply.
- The Price for the Hourly Rate Services shall include:
- one driver; and
- 10 miles of fuel.
- If you request an additional staff member to assist you, the cost will be included in the price calculated by our sales agent when informing you of the charges for the Hourly Rate Service booked.
- Services and Our Contract With You
As set out above, The Van And Man will supply you with the resulting Price dependent on your requirements notified in the Booking With A Sales Agent. The information you provide during on the Booking With A Sales Agent is used to calculate the price and any alteration to the information supplied during the Booking With A Sales Agent may subsequently alter the price. Accepting the pricing that is offered to you by our sales agents, and supplying The Van And Man with your payment details creates a contract between you and The Van And Man and the Transporter we represent (Contract) and gives us authority to confirm to the relevant Transporter that you have accepted the Offer and that they will undertake the Services for you at the agreed Price.
- The Transporter will arrive at the address provided by you and on the date agreed in your Booking or any subsequent date and time notified by you to us and The Van And Man confirm their acceptance of such change. Please note that any proposed change to the date and time that the Services are to be provided may result in a change to the price, which will be notified to you in advance of the Services being undertaken.
- The Transporter will load and deliver only the goods agreed upon. Neither The Van And Man nor the Transporter is liable for goods loaded that were not included in your Booking With A Sales Agent or for any miscalculations in relation to volume size or van size on your Booking.
- Please note that if you wish to make any changes to the Booking, including on the day that the Services are undertaken, all payments must be made to The Van And Man as the Transporters will not be enabled to accept any payments directly. While this arrangement can be varied after discussion with a Sales Agent, there must be written confirmation of agreement from The Van And Man to vary the method of payment. Written confirmation may be made with SMS or Email from an authorized Sales Agent of The Van And Man.
- The Transporter will deliver your goods in the same condition they were in when packed or made ready for transportation. If you (acting reasonably) believe that damage to your goods was caused by the Transporter, written notification including genuine evidence of the damage and loss of value is required within seven days of the Services being completed. Outside of this time frame, neither The Van And Man nor the Transporter is liable. Our liability and that of the Transporter we represent is determined as below.
- The Offer shall include moving costs, staff costs and fuel unless otherwise stated. Please review the Site of The Van And Man and/or contact our Customer Care Team for details of additional services and the prices of any additional services The Van And Man can offer.
- Limitation of Services
- The Van And Man will not do anything to put the Transporters we represent in danger. For example, Transporters that The Van And Man enable contact with, will not enter any premises unless properly lit, floored and where safe access is provided.
- In order to adhere to permits and insurance, the Transporters will not transport animals or people, unless agreed by The Van And Man in writing prior to your Booking With Sales Agent being accepted.
- The Transporters will not agree to do anything where they do not have the requisite qualifications.
- The Transporters will not transport illegal, stolen or dangerous goods. This includes goods that in the their reasonable opinion present potential danger to the vehicles and/ or staff, any other assets or goods that require specialist knowledge or equipment to transport. The Transporters are within their rights to destroy, dispose of, and to charge you additional costs incurred should they transport any such goods without their knowledge. The Van And Man and the Transporters that The Van And Man represents shall report such goods to the relevant authorities, where required to do so.
- The Transporters will only transport goods that require special licenses or government permissions if you have all required documentation. The Van And Man and its Transporters require advance warning and agreement in writing to transport such goods. Neither The Van And Man nor Transporters that The Van And Man represents will accept liability for loss or damage to any such goods and you will be liable for any loss suffered by The Van And Man or the Transporters for transporting such goods without prior written agreement of The Van And Man or the Transporter and/or without the knowledge.
- You will indemnify The Van And Man in full for any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us or the Transporters that the Van And Man represents. The Van And Man or the Transporters may, at ours or the Transporter’s sole discretion, destroy or dispose of such goods for which you will be liable for the costs.
- Neither The Van And Man nor itsTransporters will store any goods other than in accordance with terms below unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking unless subsequently agreed by The Van And Man in writing. Additional charges apply for storage of goods and vary depending on duration.
- The Transporters will not dismantle or assemble any furniture unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by The Van And Man in writing.
- The Transporter will not disconnect, reconnect, dismantle or reassemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment; unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by The Van And Man in writing.
- The Transporters will not take up or lay any carpet or other floor covering.
- The Transporters will not move planters and large outdoor pots unless agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by The Van And Man in writing.
- The Transporters will not move any aerials or satellite dishes unless agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or subsequently agreed by The Van And Man in writing.
- For the avoidance of doubt the Transporters shall not be obligated to provide the Services for in excess of 9 hours per day. It is at their discretion if they choose to do so, and subject to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of their staff and ensuring that they are only providing Services in accordance with any applicable legislation.
- The Transporter
The Services will be provided by one of the Transporter. The Transporters are approved by Our dedicated Transporter management team and are assessed by the The Van And Man team for suitability and eligibility.
In addition to all other applicable terms, you must comply with the provisions of this section.
You must, at your own cost, obtain all documents, permits, permissions, licences and customs documents necessary for us to be able to undertake the Services required.
The Transporters that the Van And Man represents will not transport any goods that require a special licence or government permissions for export and/or import.
The The Van And Man Quote will include a time estimate for transit. Times can vary when goods are being transported. The Van And Man will keep you updated with any material changes but will not be liable for any loss or damage which may occur as a result of delays in transit times, unless they are as a result of The Van And Man or the Transporter’s negligence.
- Obligations Of The Customer
By entering into the Contract you must comply with the following obligations. If you fail to comply with these obligations, neither The Van And Man nor the Transporter is liable to you for any losses incurred.
- You must guarantee that all goods transported belong to you and that if anyone has legal interest in the goods, you have their permission to transport them.
- You must provide The Van And Man with your current telephone number and email address. If these contact details change, you must let us know immediately. Correct and precise addresses for pickup and delivery locations are compulsory.
- Suitable parking arrangements for the Transporter’s vehicles must be made by you, at your own expense. These include but are not limited to, suspended bays, parking permits, width restrictions and parking distances from your premises. You will fully indemnify the Transporter if fines or penalties are incurred as a result of your failure to make said arrangements.
- Advise The Van And Man in advance of how many floors there are at both the pickup and delivery locations and if service lifts are available.
- Accessibility information for both pickup and delivery locations is compulsory at the time of Booking. This includes but is not limited to attic conversions, spiral staircases, door and window widths.
- You must be present or represented upon collection, loading, unloading and delivery of your goods.
- Fridge freezers must be defrosted (The Van And Man nor the Transporter are liable for their contents) and all other appliances must be completely dry with no residual fluid.
- All furniture must be empty unless an additional packing service, has been booked.
- An accurate list of goods for transportation is required. If when making your Booking you specified the size or type of vehicle to be used (size / volume) and if the goods exceed the agreed size/volume, additional costs will apply.
- All goods must be suitably packed prior to the arrival of the Transporter.
- All payments must be made in accordance with this agreement.
- Cancellation & Postponement
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are not applicable to service contracts which provide for the transport of goods on a specific date or period for performance.
Postponement & Cancellation By The Customer.
If you wish to postpone or cancel the Contract please notify Us, in writing as soon as possible. If you cancel by telephone We will write to you confirming cancellation. All postponement and cancellation charges are charged as follows:
- If The Van And Man receives notice in writing or by telephone no less than 48 hours before the date that the Services are due to be provided, there will be no charge.
- If The Van And Man receives notice in writing or by telephone with less than 48 hours but not less than 24 hours before the date that the Services are due to be provided, you will incur a charge equal to 50% of the Price.
- If you postpone or cancel the Services within 24 hours of the date that the Services are due to be provided, you will be charged the full Price.
- If you postpone the Services and immediately re-book, it is at the discretion of The Van And Man whether We reduce or waive some or all of the charges referred to in these paragraphs.
- If you postpone or cancel the Services and have a dispute regarding a payment made to The Van And Man, a charge pending or an issue relating to the Service, you must notify Us as soon as possible, and no later than seven days after the Services have been provided, by contacting our Customer Care Team.
Cancellation By The Van And Man Or The Transporters That The Van And Man Represents
- If you breach any term of this Contract then The Van And Man and its Transporter are entitled to terminate the Contract.
- If the Transporter is unable to perform the Services agreed upon Booking (or if We are unable to find an appropriate Transporter to undertake the Services), whether through its own fault or as a result of something outside of Our control then The Van And Man will notify you as soon as possible in writing or by telephone.
- If you make a Booking, The Van And Man shall use its reasonable endeavors to find an available Transporter as soon as possible. If The Van And Man is unable to do so, We are not in breach of the Contract but you will be informed well in advance.
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to introduce a Transporter to supply the Services to you and to provide the Services expressly stated as being obligations of The Van And Man in these Terms;
- to process your payment for the Services;
- if you agreed upon booking our Services, to give you information about similar services that we may provide.
We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows Us to do so.
- Parties Under This Contract
You may only transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to another person if The Van And Man agrees to this in advance in writing.
The Contract is between you, The Van And Man and the Transporters we represent. No other person has rights to enforce any of its terms unless expressly provided for in these Terms.
- Our Rights To Hold The Goods
The Transporters have the right to hold your goods (lien) until all money owed under the Contract, including applicable interest, has been paid. This includes costs that the Transporters have incurred for storage and legal costs.
If full payment of any monies owed by you to the Transporters or to The Van And Man as its disclosed agent is not received within 7 days We, on behalf of The Transporters we represent or the Transporters themselves shall be entitled to sell the goods or deal with them as We or the Transporters think reasonable and apply any proceeds towards Our costs incurred and the money you owe to us.
Each clause of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses remain in full effect.
- Reservation of Rights
If we do not enforce these terms immediately, or if you break the contract and we delay taking steps against you, that will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Governing Law and Forum
These Terms are governed by English law and you can only bring legal proceedings in the English courts.
- If you have any complaints about Our Services, please contact our Customer Care Team who will endeavor to review your complaint and make any necessary actions within 7 days of the complaint being received.
- You can visit the citizens advice website on www.adviceguide.org.uk or call them on 0345 04 05 06 for a summary of your key legal rights