AAWCC Oregon State Board Meeting Minutes
June 24, 2020 - 1pm to 3pm
Members Present: Lisa Fletcher-Gordon (VP - Finance), Sydney Frost (VP-OILD), Kristina Holton (VP-Registration); Lynn Irvin (Past - President), Donna Lewelling (President), Cherie Maas-Anderson (National Representative), Adrienne Ochs (VP-Summer Conference), Teri Olsen (President-Elect), Lydia Rediske (VP-Web Development), Lauren Smith (VP- Records), Donna Zmolek (VP-Communications), Amber Fultz, and Irene Carillo
- Call to Order
- Agenda Changes - No Changes, but reduced meeting time today, due to scheduling conflicts.
- Minutes Approval - May 15, 2020
- When it talks about the OILD having a good drive → change to Google Drive
- Motion to approve as amended: Kristina, 2nd: Amber - All in favor.
- Adrienne is in flight! Presentation from Teri and Adrienne on Summer Conference
- There will be two dress rehearsals to ensure all technology (breakout rooms, spotlight videos) works - On July 8th and 9th.
- ACTION ITEM: Send out calendar invites for dress rehearsals on July 8th and 9th - Sent by Adrienne!
- Review of Conference Run of Show, including Welcome and Mini-Mega Workshops in between presenters.
- Needed Board Members to serve as hosts and to help with Conversation Starters and Reflection.
- Suggestion to include “mood music” in the background, as folks are chatting and during transitions - It will contribute to the vibe.
- Assignment of folks to introduce presenters - Adrienne to serve as main MC. Sydney, Donna Z., Lauren offered to help as needed.
- ACTION ITEM: Teri and Adrienne will work on assignments and let board members know.
- Registration Update as of today: 118!!
- Registration Cap? 150? 200? Consider capacity and potential Zoom limits on participants.
- ACTION ITEM: Teri to email Bruce Kauss (firstname.lastname@example.org) at BMCC, who manages Zoom contracts for several Oregon CCs and may have guidance on limits.
- ACTION ITEM: Kristina will send out a list to Board Members, so we know who is registered from our campus.
- Embassy Suites allowed us to pull the contract for Fall and were very generous.
- ACTION ITEM: Debrief of Summer Conference, to see what we might want to offer for a virtual Fall Conference in 2020.
- ACTION ITEM: Lauren - Reschedule late July AAWCC Meeting after Summer Conference to allow for debrief.
- Fall Plans and Membership Engagement
- Future plans should be made to review membership and positions. Could be a late summer meeting?