Collection Management Policy Team (CMPT)
Description and Statement of Work
Return on Investment (ROI)
Some CMPT team members have strategic and decision-making ability and some have detailed collections budget and management understanding. The team functions under the umbrella of Scholarly Communications and many identify high-level strategy items that include Fulfillment.
- Monthly 2 hour meetings
- 5 hours / month working on projects
- PALNI professional development funds are available to attend meetings and conferences
- Input and direction on projects that benefit their institution
- CMPT provides value on shared negotiations and reduce purchase and management costs for projects through pooling resources, skills, and communication.
Goals of the Statement of Work
This statement of work defines the scope and activities of the Collections Management Policy Team to PALNI supported institutions. The objectives of this statement of work are to:
- Articulate clear roles and responsibilities of CMPT members.
- Provide a concise and clear description of the operational services and support provided.
- Ensure that expected service is delivered through measurable means.
- Communicate expectations for PALNI supported institutions.
The goals of the team are to identify and support shared collection management activities. Activities include policy development, pilot initiation, and administrative oversight.
Admin Team Membership
- Kirsten Leonard - PALNI, Chair
- Cassandra Bash - Ancilla College
- Dan Bowell - Taylor University
- Vanessa French - Butler University
- Caroline Gilson - DePauw University
- Lisa Gonzalez - PALNI
- Amanda Hurford - PALNI
- Randy Neuman - Huntington University
- Josh Petrusa - Butler University
- Jeffrey Siemon - Anderson University
Ongoing Responsibilities of the Collections Management Policy Team
- Develop and manage a PALNI collaborative collections policy
- Pilot, select, propose, manage and assess PALNI-wide acquisitions
- Actively collaborate with other Scholarly Communication teams and other groups in collections work such as WMS Workflows and Fulfillment.
- Participate in state, national, and international groups to support collaborative collection management activities
Services of the Collections Management Policy Team
- Evaluation and piloting of PALNI-wide acquisitions that are not available or being pursued by ALI.
- The committee will request feedback on proposed high interest projects.
- Projects may be PALNI-wide or paid individually as an opt-in
- Review of PALNI collection management needs
- Administration of PALNI collections projects
Ongoing Local Responsibilities
- Participate in ALI licensing efforts
- Provide feedback and needs for group collaboration
- Retain or transfer unique last print copies in the state
- Questions on acquired products can be directed to the PALNI Staff email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff members are generally available 8:00-7:00 ET Monday through Friday.
- CMPT provides the PALNI board and other stakeholders with updates about activities through the Scholarly Communications report. Proposals for new acquisitions will be sent to the Executive Committee and the PALNI board.
- Communicate with CMPT by emailing email@example.com