Twin Cities Tap Festival Scholarship Policy & Application
- Scholarships are limited to class tuition only, not performance tickets.
- Scholarship requests will be reviewed and awarded by a small committee of our board on a rolling basis.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students of all ages. This money is intended to help dancers who face the prospect of not participating due to financial distress.
- This scholarship is based on need, not ability. The applicant must indicate what circumstances have arisen that will prevent the dancer from participating without assistance at this time. All applicants must indicate the total number of years/months of dance training they have received (a minimum of 2 years is required for consideration).
- The number and amount of scholarships available will vary from year to year.
- Scholarship recipients must pay the balance of tuition (minus the scholarship, as notified) by 2 weeks prior to the festival. If payments are not made in a timely manner, you will first be given a reminder statement. If not paid 1 week before the festival, the dancer will not be allowed to take classes.
- The amount available for each scholarship applicant is limited to 75% of the total cost of their tuition. (i. e. if you would like to register for 4 master classes ($120), your scholarship can cover up to 3 classes ($90). You must pay for the remaining class/tuition.($30).)
- NOTE: Registration fees are waived for all scholarship applicants.
2018 Twin Cities Tap Festival Scholarship/Tuition Support Application
To apply: Please submit this application, or complete the questions below and return to Brenna at
Once a decision has been made about your request for financial assistance, you will be notified via email or phone. All applications are kept strictly confidential.
Please fill out the following information:
Dancer/Guardian Phone Number (to reach you in case of questions) ______________________
For the applicant/parent/guardian to fill out
How many years/months of dance training has the applicant received up to this point and/or with whom have they studied?
Which sepcific classes will the applicant be registering for?
How much financial aid are you requesting? (Must not exceed 75% of the student’s total tuition)
If you’re interested in work-study tuition reimbursement, what skills can you bring to volunteering for this organization?
What extenuating circumstances are prompting this request for scholarship? (use second page if necessary)
Entered in database:
Scholarship discount registration code given: (yes / no )