Reading Rotations for today
Can Do (for the week): (Your Must-Dos must be finished!)
- Writing Assignments (both due Friday):
- Should schools ban cupcakes?
- How-to do anything (like make 5th graders cry) write “Elijah of Buxton” in your planner to show me you read this.
- New assignment at noredink.com
- Greek/Latin Roots 5
- There will be a paper-test Friday that covers (some of) the roots from Quizlets 3-4.
- Check Powerschool.
- This is kind of like a must-do. Except it is the last of the Must-Dos. Get all Must-Dos done first. Get any ketchups done before continuing on.
- Lost in the Grammar Trail, in your student breakout account.
- Check out a book from the classroom library and read. You may read on pillows anywhere in the room (within limits). This is in addition to your 20 minutes that is required.
- Get earphones and watch CNN 10
- Right click, open in new tab
- Write a paragraph summary in your journal.
- Read old issues of Scholastic News
- Play a game on the site.
- Write a short summary in your journal.
- Include the author’s purpose
- If it is opinion, what text evidence gives you their opinion?
- Take out Writers’ Workshop Folder (or chromebook if typing) and continue any writing projects.
- Treasure Hunt, if no one is there
- Play “Solve Me”, 15 minutes maximum, set a timer.
- Follow our “What to do When I’m Done” flowchart.