Cape Productions, Inc.
Last Revised: November 20th, 2017
Cape Productions, Inc.
822 Cassia St, Redwood City, CA 94063
- A Note About Children. The Website and the Services are general audience services that are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not direct content specifically at, and don’t intentionally gather Personal Data from, Users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Cape and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data collected from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means (a) data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data, and (b) other data that is automatically collected about you to the extent that such data is associated with or linked to data that allows someone to identify or contact you or such other person. “Non-Personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; and includes aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise de-identified information that does not individually identify you. We collect Personal Data and Non-Personal Data, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- When you create an account on our Website (“Account”), we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail address, and account password.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as drone names, serial numbers, types, user information, location data, geofence coordinates, operations boundaries, and other operational and management data that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e- mail, in order to send you a reply. This information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your purchases.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding the Website or support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points on our Website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, user inputs, and flight telemetry data such as GPS coordinates, velocity, and altitude. We use this information to troubleshoot issues, analyze trends, administer Services, track users’ movements, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Media. When you use Cape Services, we will store and use the media that you upload or stream using Cape’s Services or provide to Cape via other means. This includes information about any photo or video recorded, the name of the photo or video file, the length of the video, EXIF data relating to the photo or video, and the photo or video data itself.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our Users’ Personal Data.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
- Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e- mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e- mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
- Google ID. We may allow you to use your Google ID to set up an Account. If you wish to use your Google account you are taken to the Google website to login to your account and this information is then shared with us for the sole purpose of setting up your Account.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Non-Personal Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co- branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Website. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Website in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, your Personal Data is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a User in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Website, Software, and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you use our Website, Software, and our Services;
- tailor our Services to your interests;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- develop new products and features to enhance Services and offerings;
- provide you with other products and/or services related to the Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- Creation of Non-Personal Data. We may create Non-Personal Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Non-Personal Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve user experience. We reserve the right to use Non-Personal Data for any purpose and to disclose Non-Personal Data to third parties in our sole discretion. We may use Non-Personal Media Data anonymously to improve our products and services, create new features, or train algorithms for machine learning.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Cape.
- Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Services:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- De-Linking Your Google Account. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Google account linked to your Account, then you must go to your Google account to de-link your Google account from our Account.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes, or in the event of an ongoing criminal investigation.
- Opting out of Google Analytics. You may also opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics by clicking here.