The safety of our students is important to all of us at Greenwood Elementary. Throughout the day, and primarily during pick-up/drop-off times our school experiences quite a bit of traffic. To ensure the safety of all of our students we ask that visiting patrons follow these safety regulations and procedures when dropping off and picking up students or when visiting our school.
Please help us observe these common safety rules in all areas of our school pull-through and parking areas.
- Please be aware of the school zone and watch for students walking and bicycling to/from school. The speed limit in a school zone is 20 MPH.
- We ask that patrons DO NOT park and leave their cars next to the curb during drop-off/pick-up times. If you are coming in to check out students, please park in a designated parking stall.
- Any time you are going to exit the vehicle and go inside the school building for any length of time, please park in a designated parking stall or along 200 South in front of the school.
- There is NO PARKING or STOPPING allowed at our RED curbs or in BUS ZONES.
- Be courteous and aware of the crossing areas at our school and on 200 South. These crosswalks are painted to allow students to know where to safely cross when walking home. A crossing guard will help students cross at 200 South and 100 East.
- Remember to use lower speeds in all school areas. The speed limit in the pull-through areas is 10 MPH.
- Parents may drop-off and pick-up students at designated drop-off/pick-up areas. These areas are indicated on the Greenwood Drop-off/Pick-up map.
- Students should be reminded that if they ride their bikes, scooters, or skateboards to school they need to walk/carry them to the bike racks once on school property. Students should not be riding their bikes, scooters, or skateboards on the playground. Students should use a bike lock or similar to secure their items during the school day.
We appreciate your help in following these drop-off/pick-up procedures. Our staff have been asked to watch these areas and remind/inform patrons if they are not in compliance with these routes - we do this to ensure the safety of all of our students.
Greenwood Drop-off/Pick-up Zones
There are three different drop-off areas at our school. On the map above each drop-off/pick-up route has been color coded to help make it easier to differentiate.
- The RED AREA on the map indicates our BUS ZONE. ONLY BUSES are allowed to be in this area. Please do not use the bus area as a pull through. We have busses coming at various times throughout the day and this area needs to remain open for them.
- The BLUE ARROWS designate the drop-off/pick-up pattern when using the kindergarten pull-through. Pull into the kindergarten pull-through area and wait at the curb for your child. While in the pull-through circle please remember to pull as far forward as possible to allow room for others to enter the drop-off/pick-up area behind you. Remain with your vehicle while waiting for your child. If it is necessary to walk and get your child, please pull into a parking stall as there is no parking in the pull-through.
- The GREEN AND GOLDEN ARROWS designate the drop-off/pick-up pattern when using the parent pull-through areas. There is a drop-off/pick up area in front of the school as well as on the east side of the school. When entering the pull-through areas there are two lanes. The lane next to the curb (indicated with green arrows) is where parents can pull over and wait for children. There is NO PARKING in this area. Please be courteous of others behind you and pull as far forward as possible before stopping. The second lane furthest from the curb and designated with golden arrows is a pull-through only lane. There is NO STOPPING in this area. Continue forward in this lane until you see a spot next to the curb to pull to or continue on out of the circle and towards the main road. When using the east side drop-off/pick-up area DO NOT ENTER the bus zone.