COVID-19 Safety Plan - ALL AGE MUSIC
August 25, 2021
Due to the recent NSW Health announcement, lockdown has been extended to end of September:
All lessons will simply continue online until restrictions are lifted
It's certainly a tough time for everyone at the moment and we're here to keep your creative juices flowing. Playing music is a great mental break from the lockdown blues, and we're passionate about keeping students engaged and motivated.
WELLBEING OF STAFF, STUDENTS AND VISITORS
IN THE EVENT OF LOCKDOWN
- Private Lessons: All lessons will be moved online for teachers and students in affected areas.
- Group Classes: Moved online in lockdown. (Exceptions: Kinder Beat and Glee Kids classes are on hold due to the nature of class.)
- Music Camp: Enrolment will be transferred to the following school holidays. Online option for September now live
WHEN RESTRICTIONS LIFT
- QR code check-in via the Service NSW app is mandatory
- Wear a mask indoors at all times
- One person per four square metre rule re-introduced
- Contact your teacher if you prefer to learn online (see below)
What to do if you are sick, showing any symptoms, or need to quarantine due to COVID test:
Contact your teacher ASAP to organise lesson online
Online lessons can be organised to replace your physical lesson. Contact your teacher as early as possible to request an online option.
Online lesson time remains the same
Your online lesson will be at your usual lesson time unless otherwise stated by the teacher.
Last minute requests for online lessons will not be accepted
Notice is required for the teacher to prepare the materials and necessary technology for online lessons:
- Weekday lessons: Notice must be given before 12:00pm
- Saturday lessons: Notice must be given first thing in the morning
If less notice is given, fees will be forfeited. If you are absent from your online lesson, fees will be forfeited.
- If a student is showing any symptoms of illness - stay at home. Do not attend lessons at the studio.
- Students and parents MUST ACCEPT that teachers may request them to leave a lesson if they are seen to be sick or unwell
- Students who feel well but have been tested for COVID, are in self-isolation or quarantine, has been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID, can request for their scheduled lesson to be conducted online
- Sanitise or wash your hands before and after your lesson
Teachers must arrange an online solution or a suitable substitute teacher for your face-to-face lessons (with ample notice) if:
- They have been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID and is required to be tested
- They are unwell
- They have been tested for COVID and are awaiting results
- Are in self-isolation or quarantine
- If a teacher is unable to teach for any of the above mentioned reasons, students will be advised immediately with a lesson solution
- Make up lessons either online or in person will be recorded and organised directly with the student
- All teachers, students and parents should be mindful of physical distancing during their lesson.
- 32 persons at MARRICKVILLE (approx 130 sq/m)
- 37 persons at STANMORE (approx 150 sq/m)
Important Information for Parents and Students
Dropping Off / Picking Up
- Parents who drive, should drop off their child or children near the front entrance of the studio (or at the top of the stairs) and ideally wait in their vehicles or outside the studio during their child’s lesson. You can wait in the lobby if there are less than 4 students waiting.
- To avoid crowding of people in the waiting area, we ask all students to immediately leave the building at the end of their lessons. Teachers will call upon the next student to commence their lesson immediately thereafter
- Video and telephone meetings will be arranged for parents wanting to speak directly to the teacher regarding progress and feedback. Email or text message communication is also recommended.
- Masks are strongly encouraged to be worn if you are waiting in the lobby area of a studio.
- Teachers and students are expected to acknowledge the physical distancing rules when conducting lessons or socialising with colleagues
- No communal water bottles will be provided in the waiting area
STAGGERED LESSON TIMES
- Marrickville Studios has up to 6 rooms in teaching mode on particular days. Therefore lesson times for particular teachers and students may be shifted to start 5 minutes later and finish 5 minutes later. Hence, one group of teachers will have students attend on the dot for each half hour, and the other group 35mins or 5mins after their scheduled time. You will be notified if we need to implement this.
- Kinder Beat Music - Due to room capacity and the 4sq/m rule, only one parent and their child will be allowed into the room. If you have a sibling that can not be taken care of by someone else, they will be allowed in. Upon arrival parents will need to proceed immediately into the teaching room and NOT WAIT in the waiting area to avoid crowding. 15 min change over is being allocated between classes.
- Adult Glee Club - Will continue to be conducted online until restrictions ease.
HYGIENE AND CLEANING
- Students and teachers are encouraged to wear masks where appropriate
- All students and teachers are advised to adopt good hand hygiene before commencing lessons.
- Hand sanitisers will be made available in the teaching rooms and in the waiting areas
- Students are asked to bring their own bottles
- Cleaning aids are kept closeby for wipe down of common use instruments like piano, drums and amps
- Teachers will wipe down the piano after each student’s use/lesson
- Students may be asked to sanitise hands before using common instruments
- Excluding piano students, please bring your own instruments and accessories to lessons
- Teachers MUST record ALL student attendances and non-attendances for contact tracing purposes
- QR code check-in via the Service NSW app is mandatory. If you don’t have access to it, a manual sign-in sheet for all visitors and room hirers (including band members) MUST be filled in and will be kept confidential and solely for contact tracing purposes.
- Records will be kept for a period of 28 days as advised by NSW Government
- All Age Music and its staff will cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 in our workplace, and notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMS
- In the event of a complete lockdown, all events relating to our School Holiday Program will be postponed to the next school holiday period.
- If you are requested to isolate or a close contact of a hot spot area, please inform us immediately and do not attend the program you have registered for. A credit can be given.
- Parents will still need to sign in their child upon arrival in addition to Service NSW COVID QR code check-in
If you have any enquiries regarding our COVID-19 Safety Plan, please email email@example.com
or call 02 8006 0363